About the role
Shopify is on a fast-moving mission to make the best products for merchants, buyers, and partners around the globe. The Shopify Retail mission is to make in-person commerce better for everyone. We build products and technology that empower leading brands to create exceptional in-person selling experiences. One innovation at a time, we are partnering with entrepreneurs to build the next generation of retail. Shopify Retail is growing incredibly quickly and is among Shopify’s top long-term priorities. Today, we are helping power retailers like Allbirds, A.P.C. and many more.
We’re looking for a Development Manager to join our Retail team to focus on creating and refining the first-time Shopify experience for our merchants who do in-person sales. Among it’s core responsibilities, the team will develop the onboarding experience into the Point of Sale for new and existing Shopify merchants, integrate and interface with our ecommerce store which sells retail hardware, and support our solutions engineers as they work to bring larger merchants on to our platform.
Requirements for the role:
- A strong technical foundation and a recent history of building and shipping innovative products and features
- Comfortable being hands on in the code, and helping your teams solve complex technical problems when the situation demands it
- A proven track record of success in leading software development teams
- Highly beneficial if you have experience with product funnels, A/B testing, and growth techniques
What you'll work on:
- Build high quality, globally available, fault tolerant systems and products
- Go deep into the platform and solve the hardest problems we have
- Work through problems with your team, form an opinion and advocate for engineering-specific roadmap items
- Collaborate with R&D stakeholders and garner buy-in to provide the best commerce experience for our merchants
- Learn and grow constantly to feed your passion for self-improvement and make those around you better
Please feel free to add any links to online portfolios, public works, GitHub repos, or anything else that helps to showcase your work. We will be accepting applications online until 5pm ET on Friday August 31st.
We know that applying to a new role takes a lot of work. We truly appreciate your time and look forward to learning more about you!
At Shopify, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.
|Welcome Back||Engineering and Development||Toronto, Canada|
|Senior Infrastructure Engineers||Engineering and Development||Ottawa, Montreal, Toronto, Waterloo, Remote UTC -3 to UTC -7 time|
|Senior iOS Developer- Marketing Technology||Engineering and Development||Toronto, Canada|
|Staff Security Developer, Shopify App Platform||Engineering and Development||Toronto, Canada|
|Production Engineering - Database Engineer - Datastores||Engineering and Development||Ottawa, Montreal, Toronto, Waterloo, Remote UTC -3 to UTC -7 time|
|Mobile Applications - Security Engineering Lead||Engineering and Development||Toronto, Canada|
|Development Manager, Shopify Platform||Engineering and Development||Toronto, Canada|
|Senior Salesforce Developer||Engineering and Development||Toronto, Canada|
|Director of Security Engineering||Engineering and Development||Toronto, Canada|
|Senior iOS Developer||Engineering and Development||Toronto, Canada|