About the role
At Shopify, we build products that help entrepreneurs around the world to start and grow their businesses. We’re the world’s fastest growing commerce platform and we have no plans of slowing down!
The Returns team focuses on helping merchants build long term relationships with buyers beyond the purchase, via delightful returns experiences.
We’re looking for a Development Manager to lead a team of engineers to build features and scale our Returns application. As an engineering leader, you will provide technical guidance and mentor developers to help them reach their potential and ship world-class products. The mindset in this team is very much “start-up” and you’ll have a lot of flexibility to experiment and iterate fast. If you are a strong senior developer or technical lead interested in mentoring and coaching a team, this role is for you!
To be successful in this role you will need:
- A strong technical foundation that is as good, or better, than our Senior Developers
- A background writing server-side web applications using technologies like (but not limited to) Node.js, Ruby on Rails, GraphQL, etc. This team is working with technologies like Node.js and Angular
- Experience building and scaling user-focused web applications and/or mobile applications using different technologies (React, Angular, etc.)
- A passion for growing development teams and improving others
- An entrepreneurial and growth mindset
- A curiosity to constantly learn new things; Shopify changes fast, and we need people who work here to be able to change and learn fast too
What you’ll work on:
- Build high quality, globally available, fault-tolerant systems and products
- Work through problems with your team, roll up your sleeves, form an opinion and advocate for engineering-specific roadmap items
- Work with product, UX and other disciplines to discover the best solutions for our merchants
- Be a technical influencer across the company
- Grow the team both through internal development and helping with external hiring
We know that applying to a new role takes a lot of work and we truly value your time. We’re looking forward to reading your application!
Closing date: Thursday, December 12 at 12pm EDT.
At Shopify, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous people, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.
|Production Engineer - Sr Kafka Engineer||Engineering and Development||Waterloo, Montreal|
|Senior Infrastructure Engineers||Engineering and Development||Ottawa, Montreal, Toronto, Waterloo, Remote UTC -3 to UTC -7 time|
|Production Engineering - Job Patterns||Engineering and Development||Waterloo, Montreal|
|Staff Developer, Checkout||Engineering and Development||Montreal, Canada|
|Email Deliverability Specialist||Engineering and Development||Ottawa, Montreal, Toronto, Waterloo, Remote UTC -3 to UTC -7 time|
|Senior Developer||Engineering and Development||Montreal - Office|
|Production Engineering - Web Foundation Manager||Engineering and Development||Ottawa, Montreal, Toronto, Waterloo, Remote UTC -3 to UTC -7 time|
|Production Engineering - Developer Acceleration Manager||Engineering and Development||Ottawa, Montreal, Toronto, Waterloo, Remote UTC -3 to UTC -7 time|
|Development Manager, Shopify Payments||Engineering and Development||Montreal, Canada|