About the role
Shopify is on a fast-moving mission to make the best products for merchants, buyers, and partners around the globe. A big piece of our success on this fast-moving mission is our partner ecosystem. Shopify’s Platform is a multi-disciplinary team that helps merchants succeed in commerce through solutions developed by our partners. In particular, 3rd Party Application Developers create impactful apps on top of Shopify APIs, libraries and SDKs that solve the merchant problems we don’t currently solve ourselves.
Shopify’s App Platform builds and maintains the horizontal infrastructure used by all API developers. This team also provides the controls, levers, services and tools to ensure fair access to all Application Developers. We also drive extensibility and provide capabilities that enable applications to integrate deeply and smoothly into Shopify’s various surface areas.
We’re looking for Development Managers to join our Platform team and help us take things to the next level.
Requirements for the role:
- A proven track record of success in leading software development teams
- Comfortable being hands on in the code, and helping your teams solve complex technical problems when the situation demands it
- A recent history of building and shipping innovative products and features as a software developer
- Commitment to and drive for quality, technical excellence and results
- Passion for growing development teams and improving others
- Highly beneficial if you have experience building and maintaining a development platform, publicly available through APIs, libraries and SDKs
What you’ll work on:
- Build high quality, globally available, fault tolerant systems and products
- Work through problems with your team, form an opinion and advocate for engineering-specific roadmap items
- Collaborate with R&D stakeholders and garner buy-in to provide the best commerce experience for our merchants
- Learn and grow constantly to feed your passion for self-improvement and make those around you better
- Providing mentorship, technical direction, and career guidance to your team
- Actively taking part in recruiting activities to expand the team.
At Shopify, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.
Please get your application in by 5pm EST on Friday August 16th. We know that applying to a new role takes a lot of work and we truly value your time. We’re looking forward to reading your application!
|Production Engineering - Database Engineer - Datastores||Engineering and Development||Ottawa, Montreal, Toronto, Waterloo, Remote UTC -3 to UTC -7 time|
|Staff Security Developer, Shopify App Platform||Engineering and Development||Toronto, Canada|
|Senior Salesforce Developer||Engineering and Development||Toronto, Canada|
|Development Manager, Retail Channel||Engineering and Development||Toronto, Canada|
|Senior iOS Developer||Engineering and Development||Toronto, Canada|
|Senior iOS Developer- Marketing Technology||Engineering and Development||Toronto, Canada|
|Mobile Applications - Security Engineering Lead||Engineering and Development||Toronto, Canada|
|Senior Infrastructure Engineers||Engineering and Development||Ottawa, Montreal, Toronto, Waterloo, Remote UTC -3 to UTC -7 time|
|Welcome Back||Engineering and Development||Toronto, Canada|
|Director of Security Engineering||Engineering and Development||Toronto, Canada|