About the role
At Shopify, we build products that help entrepreneurs around the world to start and grow their businesses. We’re the world’s fastest growing commerce platform and we have no plans of slowing down! And we're coming to Vancouver!
Development Managers at Shopify help our development team members realize their true potential. As one of them, you will leverage your established technical know-how and commitment to individual growth to build high performance teams that will be successful in delivering world-class products. You will set and hold high standards on your teams and create conditions for each individual to be successful with short term and long term goals. You will strengthen relationships across the entire company and leverage these relationships as needed to unblock teams and deliver amazing products to users.
What will you be doing:
- Build high quality, globally available, fault tolerant systems and products
- Work on problems with your team, roll up your sleeves, form an opinion and advocate for engineering-specific roadmap items
- Work with product, UX and other disciplines to discover the best solutions for our merchants
- Be a technical influencer across the company. Provide technical direction through technical design reviews, GitHub pull requests, and pair programming
- Grow the team both through internal development and helping with external hiring
To be successful in this role you will need:
- Proven technical leadership skills using technologies and frameworks including (but not limited to) Ruby on Rails, Java/JEE, Node.js, PHP, Python
- Proven senior leadership skills
- Experience building and successfully growing development teams
- A commitment and drive for quality, technical excellence and results
- Experience designing and developing APIs, and ideally developing your own app(s) on platforms like Shopify
We know that applying to a new role takes a lot of work and we truly value your time. We’re looking forward to reading your application!
Closing date:Friday, February 28 6pm (ET)
(We’re super excited to be opening up a Vancouver office and in terms of timing, we will start reviewing applications later in February.)
At Shopify, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.
|Production Engineering - Development Manager||Engineering and Development||Vancouver|