Director of Business Operations (Fraud and Payments)
Shopify is seeking an experienced payments and risk professional to take ownership of and oversee all things payments, including fraud detection & mitigation and chargeback & refund management for our payments & cash advance products. This is a hands-on role for a data driven individual who will interact cross functionally with Product Management, Engineering, Finance and Legal. This role will report into the Support Organization and will be highly analytical, resourceful and have a high degree of curiosity.
What you'll do:
- Working with the risk team, you will minimize the risk of fraud and financial abuse across users. You will help optimize and refine controls used to detect fraudulent activity and reduce false-positives.
- Stay up-to-date with current technology, product changes, payments and fraud trends.
- Liaison with Customer Support team around Billing, Payments and Fraud related issues.
- Evaluate and understand SaaS business model and have strategies in place to combat common threats for subscription businesses, strategies to drive a higher payments conversion.
- Leverage third party payment providers and third party risk management tools.
- Monitor, analyze and report fraud/chargeback/losses status status to all levels to the leadership and stakeholders
- Work cross functionality with Compliance, Legal, Product, Finance and other areas of Support, delivering the best possible experience to merchants contacting us about Payments, Billings and Risk.
What we're looking for:
- Minimum 10 years of large scale Payment Processing / Risk Operations experience in leading multi-organizational initiatives, and driving team accountability to achieve impactful goals
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in the global ecommerce payments industry.
- Experience with Card not present, card present transaction flow and alternative payment mechanisms (ewallets, ach etc)
- Strong understanding of risk management in a card not present environment.
- Strong analytical skillset and experience with analytics tools (Excel, SQL, Tableau, Mode, etc.).
- Demonstrate ability to effectively analyze data, develop insights and present conclusions and recommendations to all levels of the organization.
- Creative problem solver and critical thinking skills with a bias towards action and being a doer.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated ability to develop effective working relationships and excel in a cross-functional environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Experience in B2C and B2B
If you’re interested in helping us shape the future of commerce at Shopify, click the “Apply Now” button to submit your application. Please address your application to Dustin. Please submit a resume and cover letter with your application. Make sure to tell us how you think you can make an impact at Shopify, and what drew you to the role.
Experience comes in many forms, many skills are transferable, and passion goes a long way. If your experience is this close to what we’re looking for, consider applying. We know that diversity of thought makes for the best problem-solving and creative thinking, which is why we're dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage everyone to apply.
Not what you’re looking for?
Don’t worry, we’re growing and exciting jobs come up often. Sign up to receive email updates when other Support jobs are posted.