About the role
Shopify is on a mission to make the best products for merchants, buyers, and partners around the globe. We provide solutions for some of the fastest growing, most ambitious brands in the world who are running flash sales, driving huge amounts of buyers to our platform. We power organizations like Allbirds, Purple Mattress, Gymshark, Kayne West and Kylie Cosmetics to realize their ambitions.
We're looking for a Senior Leader of Engineering who has the depth of craft and proven ability to develop high-performing, large-scale engineering teams focused on building integration products and services.
This person is a passionate engineering leader and people magnet who has earned respect through technical rigour, sound judgment, and leading by example.
This role will lead engineering teams within Shopify Plus with a mandate of building products to facilitate merchants integrating software solutions within their ecosystem as well as with Shopify’s systems. This person will have overall ownership of the engineering discipline and technical strategy and will work closely with our merchant customers and internal stakeholders to develop and execute on long term roadmaps. Deep understanding of integration solutions within enterprise systems such as EPRs, CRMs, Financial and Accounting systems will be key to a successful candidate.
In addition to tackling engineering problems and scaling teams, the engineering leader will also solve product and people challenges, bringing to bear not only technical skill but strategic business acumen. This person has experience leading large teams with product management, user experience, and go-to-market and has experience working with enterprise level customers in system integration architecture.
Requirements for the role:
- Domain experience in integration platforms. Knowledge and use of IPaaS products such as Mulesoft, Dell Boomi, and track record of working with enterprise customers to build out integrations. Bonus - working with integration of ERP and CRM platforms in an enterprise environment.
- Technical expertise - Despite being a senior leader, you are passionate about the craft of software engineering and have not lost touch with it yourself. You have honed your craft in a product environment, developing battle-tested points of view on how to build great software and platforms. You know the latest technologies in use by the industry in the integration space.
- Leadership - As a leader, you have successfully built and grown teams of engineers during your career. Your technical depth allows you to develop and mentor others as well as build credibility with your team while executing broader engineering strategies. Engineers want to work with you - you understand the domestic and global market for talent and know how to get them on your team.
- Business acumen and strategic thinking - You apply a strategic business lens to all engineering strategies, knowing and understanding the implications across the broader business and communicate effectively to mitigate risks. You are comfortable managing varied and sometimes competing priorities. You are comfortable making great decisions quickly in dynamic contexts. You understand the business needs in the integration space and can translate that to actionable plans for your teams that add value to our merchants and Shopify Plus.
- Humility - You view product development as a team sport and you foster this environment within your teams. You lead by example by being willing to roll up your sleeves and contribute tactically if that’s what your team needs. You believe that you can learn from all of your team members, no matter how experienced.
- Build and Lead Shopify Plus’ Integration engineering strategy, development, and execution, working closely with stakeholders within the company as well as merchants
- Collaborate with key stakeholders across the business and clear obstacles to help your team and development initiatives move forward
- Be a technical thought leader in the integration space, influencing direction and strategy across the company and with our merchants
- Drive top-tier engineering quality and excellence
- Own the technical architecture and key technology decisions to build for the long-term, while managing roadmaps and business needs
- Attract, hire and scale an engineering team focused on building integration solutions and products for our largest merchants
We know that applying to a new role takes a lot of work and we truly value your time. We’re looking forward to reading your application!
This posting will close on May 29th at 4pm ET.
At Shopify, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.
|RnD Learning Program Specialist||Engineering and Development||Americas|
|Director of Security Engineering||Engineering and Development||Americas|
|Senior Site Reliability Engineer (Hawaii)||Engineering and Development||Americas, United States|
|Web Development Manager||Engineering and Development||Americas|
|Senior UX Developer, Plus||Engineering and Development||Americas|
|Senior UX Developer, Marketing||Engineering and Development||Americas|
|Senior UX Developer||Engineering and Development||Americas|
|Mobile Development at Shopify (Expression of Interest)||Engineering and Development||Americas|
|Development Manager - Multiple Roles||Engineering and Development||Americas|
|Staff Developer||Engineering and Development||Americas|
|Senior Marketing UX Developer||Engineering and Development||Americas|
|Software Development at Shopify (Expression of Interest)||Engineering and Development||Americas|
|Senior Web Developer, Marketing||Engineering and Development||Americas|
|Staff Developer - Multiple Roles||Engineering and Development||Americas|
|Senior Web Developer||Engineering and Development||Americas|
|Technical Program Manager - Shopify Shipping||Engineering and Development||Americas, Canada|