About the role
At Shopify, we want to make commerce better for everyone, everywhere. Countries differ in many ways in terms of language, culture, and how people engage with commerce, including where merchants sell. We want to embrace these differences and make Shopify the right platform for all merchants, no matter where they are on the planet.
The International Growth team is looking for a product leader in China who has experience working on complex and ambiguous problems in a fast-paced environment. Experience in ecommerce and developing SaaS products in a multidisciplinary environment (Product, Engineering, UX, & Data) is a big plus.
The Director of Product for China will first seek to understand, and then lead the product strategy that supports a deep understanding of the needs, problems, and opportunities for our merchants in China. You will be responsible for prioritizing the highest impact problems, working with your teams to solve them, and also influencing many teams in Shopify to support you and be inspired by the opportunity in China. If you’re a curious person who has led product teams building for global audiences we would love to hear from you!
We are open to this person being located in Singapore or China!
You'll be doing things like:
- Defining and guiding long term product strategy.
- Identifying customer problems and turning those insights into products that delight merchants and their customers.
- Collaborating with cross-functional leadership to build healthy and effective product teams.
- Defining measurable success metrics, and driving alignment for all product efforts to those measures.
- Growing and nurturing a team of talented Product Managers.
- Managing the expectations of internal and external customers by prioritizing, and communicating, your product requirements and vision.
You'll need to have:
- Demonstrated experience gaining understanding of customer problems in highly ambiguous product areas.
- Experience working across cultures to both work closely with merchants locally in China, and also with our global team at Shopify.
- Experience in a product leadership role for a high growth, high scale tech company. You've hired, grown, and managed a team of product managers.
- But you're not just a people manager. We're building a product from the ground up so we need a leader who doesn't mind rolling up their sleeves and being a product manager themselves from time to time.
- A successful track record of shipping products at scale.
- A background in building modern enterprise software is a bonus.
- Experience working in China
- Fluency in both English and Mandarin
We know that applying to a new role takes a lot of work and we appreciate your time. Allie is looking forward to reading your application.