About the role
Shopify has redefined commerce. We’ve raised the standard for how businesses of all sizes operate, market, and sell their products and services. With over 600,000 merchants in more than 175 different countries, we continue to grow while looking for innovative ways to impact the market.
We care deeply about helping Shopify merchants work quickly and seamlessly across any Shopify product on all of their devices. As the Director of Product for the Foundations team, you’ll be responsible for crafting and supporting the strategy for how our merchants interact with Shopify on web, iOS, and Android.
You’ll lead the product life-cycle for internal initiatives like the Polaris design system, and our frontend transition to GraphQL and React, but also important shared product features like search, notifications, and account management. You’ll also help define how every team across Shopify works with these tools and features to produce higher quality work more quickly.
You’ll identify new problems and opportunities, and work across the company to create scalable solutions. You will lean on your leadership and collaboration skills as you work closely with engineering, data, and UX teams to create compelling technical patterns, design systems, and shared features. Success for Foundations means massive impact: Shopify moves faster and merchants work better.
We care about growing creative, collaborative people, and strong, capable teams. Your peers in Shopify's Product Management team have diverse backgrounds, skill sets, and stories but share an established track record of delivering impactful products that merchants love.
You’ll be doing things like:
- Defining, guiding and executing the Foundations product strategy to deliver best-in-class cross-device, cross-product experiences
- Working closely with UX and engineering teams to solve product problems with shared patterns, systems and features
- Understanding the internal team challenges of building great features, and developing solutions to common problems
- Growing and nurturing a team of other talented Product Managers
- Defining clear success metrics, and supporting your teams to achieve them
- Communicating and collaborating with leaders from multiple disciplines and across multiple product lines
You’ll need to have:
- Deep experience owning and supporting the entire product life-cycle of successful tech or commerce products
- A strong understanding of the value of design and engineering systems and how to advocate for them
- The ability to translate complex UX, development, and engineering concepts into clear merchant and business value
- Experience leading, coaching, and growing other product managers
- Leadership skills in building and supporting large cross-functional teams
- Established experience successfully collaborating, communicating, and facilitating with a diverse set of peers across disciplines
- Experience using data to successfully inform your decision-making and measure your outcomes
- Empathy for merchants and a genuine excitement for solving merchant problems
- Ability to make good decisions quickly to help your teams do the same
- Excellent communication skills
It would be excellent if you had:
- Past experience working in or collaborating deeply with UX and design
- Familiarity with React, GraphQL, iOS or Android development
- Past experience leading a product implemented across web, iOS, and Android
- Past technical experience in software design
- Experience with any of the following fields: commerce, payments, retail
|Senior Product Lead, Launch||Product Management||Ottawa, Canada|