About the role
Shopify is on a mission to make commerce better for everyone
Over the next 10 years, the world of entrepreneurship will change at a fundamental level. Customers of businesses large or small will expect online experiences that rival the best in-person ones, flexible options of where and how to buy, and newer, faster ways to receive their purchases. It’s an incredibly exciting time for this industry, and Shopify is right at the center of it.
The opportunity to shape how commerce works all over the world is in our hands, and we’ve already proven that we can move faster than anyone else. Even still, we’re only part of the way there – to continue building the future of commerce, we need your help.
The Product Opportunity
You will be growing and leading a team of product managers building the future of product merchandising. This team will be responsible for how merchants plan, buy, present, and price what they sell to their customers. Both merchants and customers are expecting customization and personalization across a multitude of channels and purchase experiences and with your help Shopify will drive the future of these experiences, enabling our merchants to be more successful.
As we scale, we need both craft and people leadership. As a lead, you are expected to not only develop your team but also further the craft of product management at Shopify. Building a trusting relationship through craft and execution has been a huge success here at Shopify, and we would love to find new people that fit that model of leadership.
You’ll identify new problems and opportunities, and work across the company to create scalable solutions. You will lean on your leadership and collaboration skills as you work closely with engineering, data, and UX teams to create compelling technical patterns, design systems, and shared features.
We care about growing creative, collaborative people, and strong, capable teams. Your peers in Shopify's product management team have diverse backgrounds, skill sets, and stories but share an established track record of delivering impactful products that merchants love.
What will I be doing?
- Defining and guiding long term product strategyIdentifying customer problems and turning those insights into products that delight merchants and their customers
- Working with teams on small, fast iterative projects to execute that strategy - driving the vision and cadence of execution
- Collaborating with designers, developers, marketers, and customers. You get to be a team player, coach, and referee all-in-one
- Defining measurable success metrics, and drive alignment for all product efforts to those measures
- Living and breathing segmentation – we work for merchants of all sizes and types
- Working and communicating with stakeholders from multiple disciplines
What experience do I need?
- An entrepreneurial mindset. You must be comfortable rolling up your sleeves, thriving in ambiguity, and getting the work done
- Experience managing products. It doesn’t matter so much what your job title was, so long as you have hands-on experience creating and leading tech products
- A strong growth mindset
- Great communication skills
- We love to see experience founding and running your own company, building your own products from scratch or building and growing a SaaS product
- Experience in retail/merchandising would be an asset.
Closing date: Friday, August 23rd at 4pm EDT
If you’re interested in helping us shape the future of commerce, click the Apply now button to submit your application.
At Shopify, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.
|Product Manager - Fulfillment and Logistics||Product Management||Ottawa, Canada|
|Lead Product Manager, Billing - Financial Solutions||Product Management||Ottawa, Canada|
|Product Manager - Capital||Product Management||Ottawa, Canada|
|Product Manager, Billing - Financial Solutions||Product Management||Ottawa, Canada|
|Product Manager, Merchant Risk||Product Management||Ottawa, Canada|
|Product Manager - Ecosystem Integrity, Platform||Product Management||Ottawa, Elgin - HQ|
|Senior Technical Product Manager - Data||Product Management||Ottawa, Canada|