About the role
Shopify has redefined commerce, raising the standard for how businesses of all sizes operate, market, and sell their products and services. With over 1 million merchants in more than 175 countries, we’re the world’s fastest growing commerce platform and we have no plans of slowing down. We’re constantly looking for new ways to impact and disrupt markets and we need your help.
Shopify’s Online Experience team, a key part of our Online Group, is responsible for two essential pillars in the Shopify product: the core and extensible user experience of buyers when shopping on our merchants’ online stores and the checkout platform. The team builds and maintains foundational components of Shopify’s online merchant stores such as checkout and search, and drives strategic initiatives to improve merchant conversion rates and buyer trust. As a core area of Shopify, this team ensures our merchants provide the best possible experience for their buyers, online.
As the Director of Product for this group, you will own the overall product vision, strategy, and extensibility of our platform for our online shopping and checkout platforms. You will manage a team of product managers and work closely with Engineering and UX teams to drive our overall product strategy to improve the experience of shopping online. You will work closely across numerous product lines to gain a deep understanding of how to scale our checkout platform to meet the growing demands of our merchants. In this role, you will exercise both strategic thought on defining the future direction of online shopping, as well as complex domain modelling, working closely with the engineering team to determine the right foundational direction for managing mass scale, and global business complexity.
- Oversee the Online Experience product team in planning, executing and driving an industry leading product strategy
- Work collaboratively with UX and engineering teams on a day-to-day basis to drive results
- Drive ‘build, partner, and acquire’ decisions for new product areas
- Mentor and grow the Online Experience product team. You’ll get to be a team player, coach, and referee, all-in-one.
- Collaboratively bring new ideas and ways of thinking to the Online Experience function
- Partner with internal and external stakeholders, including marketing teams and customers
- Strong understanding and experience in the product management discipline
- Hands-on experience driving the development of complex global products at a leading or high-growth technology company, with a focus on customer user experience
- Experience building a high volume SaaS product from ideation OR inception to post go-to-market support on a global scale
- Proven skills leading product teams and working with cross-functional teams
- An entrepreneurial mindset - you roll up your sleeves, thrive in chaos, and get things done
- A genuine excitement for solving customer problems and a strong sense of empathy for the customer
- Experience using data to inform product decisions
- Strong system design and conceptual data modelling experience
- Experience developing, or iterating on, an industry best practice framework for solving complete product challenges and determining appropriate MVP product scope
- You’ve started your own business
- Experience working with partners from both product and business perspectives
- Experience in the commerce, payments, or retail space
This posting will close on April 3 2020.
At Shopify, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous people, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.
|Senior Product Manager, Merchant Risk||Product Management||Ottawa, Montreal|