About the role
At Shopify, we’re merchant obsessed. Truly. Our merchants are the reason we do what we do everyday, and their experience with our platform, as well as the experience of our Partners and Buyers, is of the utmost importance. Providing them with incredible support is our goal, and to do this we’ve built a complex multi-country, multi-language, multi-channel, global Support organization. Workforce Planning specifically plays a significant part in the overall success of Support organization.
We are in search of a leader for our global Workforce Planning & Optimization team, supporting Shopify’s globally distributed and BPO teams who support our Merchants, Partners and Buyers. This key senior leadership role will be responsible for all aspects of the team including; Long term planning, Forecasting, Short Term Planning & Scheduling, Real-Time Management, and Business Analytics & Optimization. We operate a delivery model that requires planning and scheduling for a distributed workforce model (employees who work from home) across multiple countries as well as an integrated BPO delivery partner in 2 locations in the Philippines.
This leader will oversee our Support team’s effective staffing to meet the needs of Shopify Merchants, Partners, and Buyers who contact us 24x7/365 days a year. Key to our success is also taking care of our front line teams, our Gurus, through well-planned schedules and vacation options that meet their needs as they provide an amazing customer support experience.
A highly experienced WFO leader, you are forward thinking, transformative in your approach and have led using innovative technologies and workforce processes. You are a strong communicator and leader capable of working with all levels of people cross-functionally and globally. You have a strong analytics mindset and you leverage data to make key decisions that will enable our workforce to drive employee and customer satisfaction.
In this role you will...
- Lead and set the direction for staffing growth projections by location and channel for a high-growth (~2000 employee) global organization operating across multiple languages (20+ language), multiple channels and offering 24/7/365 operations.
- Focus on how we support our Merchants, Partners and Buyers today as well as looking out 3-5 years and providing guidance and oversight to the future.
- Ensure the Support organization seeks a balance for providing the best customer and guru experience while continuing to drive maximum efficiency through well-built and executed optimization plans.
- Maintain oversight of the plans and Support team performance to best understand variances and their root causes, and build back-to-green plans.
- Apply operational excellence methods to streamline processes and tasks that cross multiple areas and stakeholders, then implement best practices.
- Provide leadership, management, and direction to the Workforce Planning and Optimization team. Develop their skills, experience, and career progress.
- Identify new methods, strategies, and opportunities to improve the WFO organization and the overall contact center.
- Build Key relationships with Finance, Operations, HR, Recruitment, Training, and Support leadership. Collaborate with these teams to ensure plans are balanced across customers, shareholders, and teammates.
- Influence decision making with senior leadership across the organization with regard to WFO, service levels and the overall Support organization
- Review and improve Workforce systems to better support frontline teams schedules/team time and vacations
You'll bring to the table...
- Senior leadership experience in long-term forecasting, capacity planning, short term planning & scheduling, and real-time management in a complex multi-site, multi-channel global operating environment of 2000+ customer support employees.
- Ideally you’ve overseen WFO for both internal teams and BPOs
- Proven ability to create strategy and vision for global support workforce operations, set a plan with clear priorities and goals, and manage the execution of them.
- Experience using Workforce Management tools (i.e. Teleopti, Aspect, Total View)
- Experience and understanding of call routing platforms and call flows (ex. Twilio/Avaya/Cisco)
- Previous experience building vacation systems & shift swap tools & processes to support over 2000+ people.
- Solid decision-making capability.
- Excellent analytical skills and financial acumen. Can think systemically and precisely.
- A strong sense of urgency around your work, investment in the team, the company, and the ability to hold yourself accountable to the highest standard of excellence.
- A strategic and proactive mind. You're not afraid to bring new ideas to the table.
- Fantastic people leadership experience. You love to lead, coach, and develop others.
- A "we're all in it together" mentality. You love working on a team.
At Shopify, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous people, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.
This posting will close on Wednesday, August 28th at 4PM EDT.