About the role
At Shopify’s headquarters at 150 Elgin, we have an in-house kitchen and ~30 Culinary Shopifolk who help prepare fresh, delicious meals for our employees every week day. We are searching for Dishwashers (Stewards) who will assist us in our day-to-day operations by washing dishes, maintaining a clean kitchen and receiving inventory. Excellent priority management, professionalism, effective communication skills and a positive attitude are essential. Health and safety are of the utmost importance to us at Shopify, so you should be able to prioritize tasks in a busy setting while adhering to all food safety regulations and procedures.
Right now, we are searching for 2 full-time Dishwashers for set, 8 hour shifts with scheduling flexibility from Monday-Friday.
It’d be great if you had:
- Experience in a high-volume work environment
- Hospitality experience
You will be doing things like:
- Ensuring a clean, organized and sanitary work space at all times
- Washing dishes, glassware, flatware, pots, and/or pans using dishwashers or by hand (this includes scrubbing heavily soiled items)
- Stocking cleaning products, accepting deliveries accurately with quality-check, and tracking inventory
- Setting up/organizing/maintaining garbage stations in the Front of House
- Owning general cleaning duties of common areas
- Running garbage down to the ground floor throughout the day
- Taking responsibility for daily/weekly/monthly deep cleaning duties
- Working in a fast-paced environment
- Participating in the breakdown, shutdown and cleaning at the end of the shift
Some tasks in this role may require the employee to:
- Stand continuously for up to 8 hours each day
- Exert up to 50 (22.7 kg) pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 25 pounds (11.3 kg) of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds (4.5 kg) of force constantly to move objects
At Shopify, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.
Please address your cover letter to Toby Sirois, our hiring manager.
This posting will close on Monday, December 16th at 9:00am, EST.
|Project Management Lead, Real Estate Development||Internal Operations||Ottawa, Canada|