Engineering Lead - App & Partner Platform
At Shopify Toronto, we’re focused on building products at scale and tools that help our merchants grow their businesses. Our development team is shaping the future of commerce by enabling internal and external developers to integrate with all parts of Shopify.
The Shopify Partnerships group is focused on building solutions to help start, simplify, and scale the businesses of all partners and merchants working with the Shopify platform. We build, scale and operate systems in all shapes and sizes. From mission-critical merchant-facing services like the App Store, Theme Store, and Experts, to the home and dashboard for the Shopify Partner program, to various system integrations developed with strategic-partners such as Google, Uber and Intuit.
As we grow, we need technical and people leadership. Our leads are coding and in that capacity also provide hands-on career building guidance to team members. Building a trusting relationship through code and design has been a huge success here at Shopify, and we would love to find leads that fit that model of leadership.
A few things we'd like you to have:
- Looking at long-term solutions and assessing system wide impacts ensuring the product evolves in the right way.
- Strong foundation of design principles, especially when it relates to platform development in the areas of API and data modelling.
- A passion and curiosity to constantly learn new things. Shopify changes fast, and we need people who work here to be able to change and learn fast, too.
- Establishing great relationships with other teams, across offices, and especially at the leadership level.
- Growing developers to become senior contributors, and establishing new mandates that will enable senior developers to take on technical leadership roles.
Here's a bit more context on the projects our team is tackling:
Some of the people you might work with:
If you’re interested in helping us shape the future of commerce at Shopify, click the “Apply Now” button to submit your application. Please address your application to Jonathan.
Experience comes in many forms, many skills are transferable, and passion goes a long way. If your experience is this close to what we’re looking for, consider applying. We know that diversity of thought makes for the best problem-solving and creative thinking, which is why we're dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage everyone to apply.
Not what you’re looking for?
Don’t worry, we’re growing and exciting jobs come up often. Sign up to receive email updates when other Engineering jobs are posted.