About the role
We're searching for an Expansion Pack (EP) to support our GM of Shopify Plus. This job is similar to an Executive Assistant role in other companies, but we’ve changed up the title because "assistant" is too narrowly focused. In this role, you will work to increase the efficiency of the GM by strategically managing their day to day functions, as well as providing support to the Senior Leadership Team. However, this role is more than administrative support; this person will leverage their unique skills and strengths to help scale the impact of the GM’s team.
Shopify Plus moves at an extremely fast pace and this person will have to maintain, organize and juggle priorities in an often chaotic environment. The job will be challenging, but also rewarding. As an Expansion Pack you’ll be required to have a finger on the pulse of the leadership team and gain a solid understanding of the business - this role is a huge learning opportunity!
- Extraordinary attention to detail. If you don’t self-identify as hyper organized, this isn’t the role for you.
- Great written and oral communication skills. You’ll work with many different stakeholders, senior leadership, and large teams internally and externally.
- High level of discretion and professionalism are essential skills needed for this role- ability to handle highly sensitive material and information with discretion and confidentiality is crucial.
- Resourcefulness is key, the role has a lot of autonomy leaving you with lots of decision making power. With great power comes great responsibility and you will be required to take initiative and action items with little direction.
- Willingness to continuously challenge yourself, learn, and grow and confidence to make highly independent decisions and initiate impactful projects.
- Managing all day to day functions for the GM by strategically planning their time and aligning priorities to minimize context-switching.
- Owning travel arrangements, bookings, expenses, and managing personal requests of the GM.
- Coordinating meetings and calls across multiple time zones - ensuring the GM has all needed preparation materials (notes and briefs).
- Writing and sharing communications on behalf of the GM to many different stakeholders, including senior leadership, and large teams internally and externally.
- Acting as the primary point person for Shopifolk that need input from the GM and act as a liaison between them and their Senior Leadership Team to ensure continuous and efficient communication.
- Project management experience.
- Previous experience working with a C level executive.
- Event planning from conception to execution.
The Plus leadership team will be reviewing applications. We can't wait to meet you!
This posting will close on Monday, January 27th, 2020 at 9:00am, EDT.
At Shopify, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.
|Global Travel Program Manager||Internal Operations||Waterloo, Canada|