About the role
We’re looking to hire an Executive Expansion Pack for a C-level executive. The job will be akin to an Executive Assistant role in other companies, but we’ve changed up the title because "assistant" is too narrowly focused. We’re looking for more than just administrative support. We’re searching for someone who will learn and grow with the teams under this exec, which spans across 6 offices and more than 10 timezones. The person will leverage their unique skills and strengths to help scale the impact of this exec across the entire organization.
Shopify moves at an extremely fast pace and this person will have to maintain, organize and juggle priorities in an often chaotic environment. The job will be challenging, but also rewarding. Over time the responsibilities of this role will expand as our this execs responsibilities within the organization grow and their teams continue to expand across the company.
As an Expansion Pack you’ll be required to have a finger on the pulse of the leadership team and gain a solid understanding of the business - this role has a huge learning opportunity!
Responsibilities (OR projects you could work on)
- Setting up meetings and ongoing analysis of calendars to optimize time spent.
- Track priorities and proactively follow-up with stakeholders to help “get shit done”.
- Planning and organizing travel, plus daily agendas, to maximize efficiency while they’re on the road. Some travel may be required.
- Get direct exposure to senior leadership and executives. Get involved in community, events, and media activities - really dig into the culture of the team.
- Run research projects, special initiatives, and propose ideas - increase accountability
- Be multidisciplinary; no two days look the same.
- Take initiative to research areas of interest to support meetings, discussions and key decisions.
- And really whatever our exec team throws at us e.g. find and book Shopify a castle in the Hamptons with a helipad (real example).
Requirements for the role:
- Extraordinary attention to detail. If you don’t self-identify as hyper organized, this isn’t the role for you.
- Great written and oral communication skills. You’ll work with many different stakeholders, senior leadership, and large teams internally and externally.
- Senior stakeholder management experience. This executive has a lot of external facing meetings, meaning that you will be required to interact with senior government offices, as well as high profile Shopify clients from all industries.
- High level of discretion and professionalism are essential skills needed for this role.
- Resourcefulness is key, the role has a lot of autonomy leaving you with lots of decision making power. With great power comes great responsibility and you will be required to take initiative and action items with little direction.
- We live in a primarily online environment. An excellent understanding of and comfort with new technologies is a requirement.
- Project management experience.
- Previous experience working with a C level executive.
- Event planning from conception to execution.
We know that applying to a new role takes a lot of work and we truly value your time. Janeffer is looking forward to reading your application!