About the role
Shopify has redefined commerce, raising the standard for how businesses of all sizes operate, market and sell their products and services. With over 800,000 merchants in more than 175 different countries, powered by the most innovative platform on the market, we continue to grow rapidly while constantly looking for new ways to impact and disrupt markets. As the Experiential Marketing Manager, you will be responsible for bringing Shopify’s brand purpose to life in a growing list of priority European markets including France, DACH, and BENELUX regions.
Reporting to the Experiential Marketing Lead for International, the Experiential Marketing Manager will be responsible for driving event strategies, messaging, activation plans, and execution for all owned and rented events (conferences, trade shows, educational roadshows, networking events, etc.).
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders (Regional Integrated Marketing, Product Marketing, Brand Strategy) to define experiential marketing strategies and tactics to support key business and brand objectives and connect with target audiences
- Understand Shopify audience segments (merchants, partners, buyers, future employees), product offerings, market fit, and competitive differentiation to develop unique and engaging IRL experiences
- Own project management of event programs end-to-end including the development of strategy briefs, schedules, production, budget, and reporting
- Lead internal cross-functional project teams (Creative, PR, Growth, etc.) and maintain consistency in strategic direction throughout planning and execution
- Manage external vendor relationships including agencies
- Localize proprietary event franchises for regional markets including conferences and roadshows
Relevant experience and skills for the role
- Extensive experience leading marketing campaigns and programs
- Experience in leading internal cross-functional project teams and managing external agencies
- Experience working for a global organization with distributed teams and a centralized HQ
- Excellent communication and organizational skills with great attention to detail
- Strong analytical skills and ability to think creatively
- Proactive, can-do attitude with strong interpersonal skills; comfortable working with all functions and levels of the organization
- Negotiation skills
- Tech industry experience and/or SaaS experience preferred
What we offer
- Flourish in a culture of trust and ownership
- Speak English in an office with people of 30 nationalities
- Work in an international company with offices in Vilnius, Berlin, Ottawa, Montreal, Toronto and Shenzhen
- Experience Town Hall, a weekly gathering of Shopifolk (both in office and remote!) to share context, experiences, and updates with all of Shopify
- Enjoy flexible working hours and a competitive compensation package (including equity, benefits, and perks)
- Benefit from a lifestyle spending account - a budget you can spend on a variety of things to help your life run smoothly, including wellness, transportation, and family care related expenses
- Bountiful professional growth opportunities, such as (training courses of your choice, books, conferences, business trips, etc.).
- Delicious lunches provided daily, the best tech needed for you job, and relocation packages if required
- Rewarding company wide events - team building day events, off-sites, and summits
Here's how to apply:
If you’re interested in helping us shape the future of commerce, click the “Apply now” button to submit your application.
Please note that this posting will close on September 30 at 9 am CET.
At Shopify, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.