About the role
The RnD Discovery team accelerates time to impact for new hires in R&D through a world-class onboarding experience focused on teaching product knowledge and discipline-specific technical depth.
We are looking for someone to join us as a Facilitator. In this role, you will be responsible for delivering high quality instructor-led technical learning experiences that create real impact for learners. You’ll do this through planning, teaching, and assessing learning online to new hires in data, development, user experience, and product. You’ll also be responsible for supporting and coaching new hires 1:1 as they learn the foundations of their role and start having an impact at Shopify.
If you are passionate about great teaching and learning for technical audiences, let’s talk! We would love for you to join us to push boundaries as we define the future of technical onboarding at one of the world’s fastest growing tech companies.
- Deliver best practice technical training online for adult learning in a corporate setting.
- Provide both synchronous instruction and asynchronous support to learners in groups of all sizes and 1:1 as needed to support program success.
- Apply best practices for great facilitation, and contribute to our standards and playbooks.
- Participate in peer observation and pairing with other facilitators to support continuous improvement and professional growth.
- Contribute to the ongoing maintenance and iterative improvement of our existing courses and workshops as well as the design of new instructor-led offerings as needed.
- 2+ years experience as a trainer or facilitator in a corporate or adult learning setting, with demonstrated ability to deliver top-notch instructor-led experiences that engage participants and move the needle on learning growth.
- Familiarity with best practices for facilitation including planning, delivery, and assessment of instructor-led and blended learning
- Experience and comfort in working cross-functionally to deliver great learning experiences, partnering with different teams and individual contributors within a large corporate setting to get things done.
- Working knowledge of key technical concepts and skills relevant to Shopify employee needs, including software development and engineering. Fluency in technical topics at the level of being able to interact effectively with learners, stakeholders, and subject matter experts.
- The ability to use both synchronous and asynchronous tools to create a strong and supportive learning community
- The ability to thrive in an environment where experimentation is encouraged, and the confidence to execute on and champion those experiments.
- Exceptional written and spoken communication skills with experience creating inclusive culture and supporting diverse learners.
- Subject-matter expertise in software development, engineering, or data science
Closing date: Friday, May 29 at 11:59PM EDT. Successful candidates can expect to hear back from us within 2 weeks of that date.
Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity & inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities, and/or people with intersectional identities. Please take a look at our Sustainability Reports to learn more about Shopify’s commitments to our communities, and our planet.
At Shopify, we understand that experience comes in many forms. We’re dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team - so if your experience is this close to what we’re looking for, please consider applying.