At Shopify, we care deeply about our people and offices. We want to create spaces that encourage Shopifolk to do their best work. In this role, you will support the day-to-day operations of our space as a Facilities Technician.
You'll need to:
- Have experience troubleshooting common facilities problems (i.e. HVAC, plumbing, lighting)
- Have a solid understanding of construction methods and materials
- Be extremely organized with great prioritization skills
- Value dynamic workspaces that have a strong impact on culture
- Love helping people
- Enjoy working in a ridiculously fast-paced environment
- Thrive on change and be comfortable with doing things unconventionally
- Have an ability to “wear many hats” to get the job done
It'd be great if you have:
- A transferrable technical skill - think serious woodworking skills or in depth knowledge of Building Automation Systems
- An artistic eye - the theme of our most recent new space was “Crafting” so each one of us crafted a piece of furniture or art for the space
- Worked with like-minded companies who value office culture
- Experience in Facilities Operations
You'll be working on things like:
- Repairing and assembling furniture
- Troubleshooting common facilities problems (i.e. HVAC, plumbing, lighting)
- Monitoring the #facilities channel (our team chat group) and helping out Shopifolk with their facilities related problems
- Coordinating deliveries and maintaining stock rooms
- Executing team moves
- Reviewing and developing new processes to ensure efficiency
- Managing records, invoices, payments and document sharing
If you’re interested in helping us shape the future of Shopify, click the “Apply” button to submit your application and answer the extra question on the following page. Please address your cover letter to Courtney Burdette.
Experience comes in many forms, many skills are transferable, and passion goes a long way. If your experience is this close to what we’re looking for, consider applying. We know that diversity of thought makes for the best problem-solving and creative thinking, which is why we're dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage everyone to apply.
Not what you’re looking for?
Don’t worry, we’re growing and exciting jobs come up often. Sign up to receive email updates when other Internal Operations jobs are posted.