Financial Services Compliance Manager
Shopify is a commerce platform that allows anyone to easily sell online, at a retail location, and everywhere in between. Shopify offers a professional online storefront, a payment solution to accept credit cards (Shopify Payments), Shopify POS to power retail sales, and Shopify Capital to provide merchant cash advances to merchants to finance their operations. Shopify currently powers over 500,000 stores in 175 different countries. As Shopify continues to expand globally and the volume of our transactions increases, we are looking for a seasoned compliance professional with regulatory and compliance experience to join our Legal team.
You'll need to have:
- Extensive subject matter expertise in compliance and regulatory issues related to Payment Processing (US and/or EEA preferred)
- A solid understanding of Card Scheme and Payment Processing Compliance
- In depth knowledge of Regulatory Compliance, FINTRAC and FINCEN regulations and requirements
- Experience building out and implementing a payments compliance programme
It'd be great if you have:
- Professional certifications(s) such as Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager (CRCM), Certified Risk Professional (CRP), Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist (CAMS)
- An understanding of compliance and regulatory issues related to merchant cash advances and loans
- Designing and implementing Shopify’s CDD (Customer Due Diligence) and EDD (Enhanced Due Diligence) programs to meet regional requirements
- Designing, implementing and administering compliance AML/ATF policies and procedures
- Working with management in the development and enhancement of payment and lending products to ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations, and coordinating development and maintenance of supporting policies, procedures, agreements and contracts
- Maintaining strong awareness of major regulatory changes affecting Shopify Payments and Shopify Capital in order to proactively address business impacts in a dynamic environment
- Liaising with Card Schemes, Acquiring Banks, Regulatory Agencies, Financial Institutions, Auditors and Payment Service providers
Here's how to apply:
If you’re interested in helping us shape the future of commerce, click the “Apply now” button to submit your application, and tell us why you’re the right person for this role! Please address your cover letter to Erin.
If your experience is this close to what we’re looking for, consider applying. We know that diversity of thought makes for the best problem-solving and creative thinking, which is why we're dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage everyone to apply.
Not what you’re looking for?
Don’t worry, we’re growing and exciting jobs come up often. Sign up to receive email updates when other Business Operations jobs are posted.