About the role
Shopify is the world’s fastest growing commerce platform and we have no plans to slow down. The Fraud & Risk Management team at Shopify is responsible for the day-to-day operation and sustainable growth of our payments services, fraud and risk detection, and merchant compliance for all Shopify merchants. We want to catch fraudsters, mitigate risk and ensure compliance to protect our bottom line, whilst still supporting legitimate businesses for continued sustainable growth.
In order to maintain the sterling reputation our company has for delivering world-class online commerce, we are looking to solidify our team. To do this, we need the help of dedicated, methodical, and versatile Fraud Analysts.
What you will be working on:
- Performing risk evaluations of Shopify merchants by reviewing documentation, using 3rd party sources and creative use of the web
- Contributing to the development of fraud detection systems
- Reviewing cardholder transaction details for signs of fraud or abnormalities
- Analyzing merchant events and actions, and setting the appropriate controls in response
- Performing complex fraud investigations to detect and uncover fraud instances and possible fraud rings
- Minimizing merchant loss by proactively assisting merchants with fraud and dispute avoidance
- Work in a collaborative and innovative environment on projects and assignments to improve efficiency in fraud prevention and risk detection
Requirements for the role:
- At least 2 years of operational experience in financial transaction processing or analysis with a direct focus on risk and fraud
- Experience detecting Card-not-present fraud
- Experience in risk evaluation, underwriting, and fraud detection
- Knowledge of the rules impacting processors and merchants set forth by the card associations
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and conceptualization skills
- Ability to effectively manage multiple tasks of varying complexity under time constraints
- Flexibility to work weekends
- Familiarity with SQL and reporting tools
- Is some of this tech new to you? That’s OK! We know not everyone will come in fully familiar with these technologies, and we provide support to learn on the job
We know that applying to a new role takes a lot of work and we truly value your time. Tasha looks forward to reading your application.
Closing date: Friday August 30, 2019 at 3 pm ET.
At Shopify, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.