Front End Developer - Data
Who we are looking for:
- Comfort and ease with HTML, CSS, and good command of the DOM.
- A strong interest in Data, and a desire to bring data to life with visualizations.
- A wide breadth of knowledge of the JS ecosystem, and an ability to keep up with the latest best practices, tools, and frameworks.
- A good taste and keen eye for UI and UX. You care deeply about the products you put in front of your audience.
- Willingness to dive deep into any area and the motivation to truly master it.
It’s a plus if you have:
- Previous experience developing data visualizations.
- Knowledge of SQL.
- Familiarity with best practices around visualizing data.
- Experience with D3, SVG, WebGL, or similar.
- Experience with back-end development using dynamic language (python, ruby), and integrating your work with web frameworks such as Rails.
- Building apps that are responsive, performant, and scalable.
Here's how to apply:
If you’re interested in helping us shape the future of Shopify, click the “Apply now” button to submit your application. Please address your cover letter to Denis.
Experience comes in many forms, many skills are transferable, and passion goes a long way. If your experience is this close to what we’re looking for, consider applying. We know that diversity of thought makes for the best problem-solving and creative thinking, which is why we're dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage everyone to apply.
Not what you’re looking for?
Don’t worry, we’re growing and exciting jobs come up often. Sign up to receive email updates when other Data & Analytics jobs are posted.
Your application has been submitted. We will be in touch. Also, we encourage all applicants to experiment with the product and start a store.