Front End Development Lead, Shopify Plus
Shopify Plus’ mission is to make commerce better for high-volume, high-growth merchants like Tesla, Kylie Cosmetics, RedBull, Kanye West, Subway, and many more. We believe our merchants should love their commerce platform, and we’re having fun each day making that happen.
Experience comes in many forms, many skills are transferable, and passion goes a long way. If your experience seems close to what we’re looking for, consider applying. We know that diversity of thought makes for the best problem-solving and creative thinking, which is why we're dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage everyone to apply.
You'll need to have experience with:
- Building maintainable and scalable CSS, with familiarity in architecture patterns like BEM, SMACSS, or other
- Working in a cross-discipline environment with designers and other developers to produce and vet ideas and prototype early concepts
- Rails-oriented developer tools or integrating front end into a Rails application
- Educating or scaling new techniques, technologies, and processes within a company or community
- Collaborating on projects or providing mentorship on the stack you love
- Providing highly effective code reviews and peer support
- A background in leading or working with UX teams to create world-class experiences
You'll be working on things like:
- Using our Rails stack to integrate front end into the development lifecycle
- Building applications that are responsive, performant, and accessible
- Learning the latest front end technologies and standards to ensure we are always using the best techniques possible
- Growing the front end practice and cultivating a culture that sweats the details
- Collaborating with other disciplines to help develop front end solutions and educate about relevant skills
- Being an advocate throughout the company for great UX
- Learning full stack and front end development through peer mentorship and collaboration
Here's how to apply:
If you’re interested in helping us shape the future of commerce, click the “Apply now” button to submit your application. Please address your cover letter to Zoya Ipek and include a link to something you're proud of: a portfolio, code samples and/or Github account.
Not what you’re looking for?
Don’t worry, we’re growing and exciting jobs come up often. Sign up to receive email updates when other Front End Development jobs are posted.