About the role
Shopify has redefined commerce, raising the standard for how companies of all sizes sell their products and services online and off. With 1,000,000+ merchants in more than 175 different countries, and the most innovative platform on the market, we continue to grow rapidly while constantly looking for new ways to impact and disrupt markets.
Like the Shopify Fulfillment Network (SFN), a dispersed network of fulfillment centres, powered by machine learning. Basically, we’re on a mission to democratize fulfillment for our merchants. And to be really successful at that big, hairy goal, we need to find a Fulfillment Centre (FC) Specialist to join the team.
Yes, you read that right - in this time of Covid-19, Shopify is still hiring. We're definitely open for business, and we're fighting hard to keep hundreds of thousands of other businesses open as well. If that sounds like something you could get behind, keep reading.
OK, so what’s a FC Specialist? Well, think of this position as playing a key role in making sure our FC partners and Shopify fit together like pieces of a puzzle.
Want more? OK, the person that gets this role will be working closely with the support team, operations managers, and SFN program managers. It’s bridging the gap between the teams that work with the nodes and the teams that work with merchants. You’re like a fulfillment centre translator :)
OK, let’s get specific. Here’s what you’ll be responsible for:
- You are already in the Middletown/Harrisburg area, or open to relocation
- Own implementation of processes and tooling to enable the node partners to better integrate with Shopify internal systems (e.g. getting Zendesk operational between Shopify and the nodes)
- Be the subject matter expert within the Operations team when it comes to how the team will interact with different warehouse management systems (WMS)
- Act as a bridge between our partner node network and the support team to ensure the timely resolution of the issues
- Create processes/workflows that provide consistency across SFN
- Deploy new workflows to Nodes to ensure accurate communication of required information to the SFN support team and create Partner facing documentation to support these workflows.
- Accelerate learning by hosting training sessions to set expectations and address any concerns.
- Deploy new workflows to the FNS-Team to ensure accurate communication of required information to the Partner Nodes.
- Advise product team on best industry practices and system requirements
Sound cool? Here's what we'd be expecting you to have:
- You've worked with customer service software like osTickets or Zendesk before.
- You've worked with WMS software before. This one's critical.
- A clear understanding of Shopify's place in the world of commerce. We'd love if you had experience using Shopify - but if you haven't, please do some research into us before you apply.
- Experience in analyzing data sets and drawing insights from that.
- An ability and proven experience in building consistent workflows and solutions across internal and external systems.
- An ability to document knowledge and then share that in a meaningful way.
- An ability to work with different teams within Shopify (UX, developers, marketing etc)
- Experience working in FC operations, logistics and/or supply chain
- A desire to fix things. We'd love for you to tell us about ways you've removed roadblocks in past roles.
- A love of feedback! Both in terms of giving and receiving.
That’s it! We know that applying to a new role takes a lot of work and we truly value your time. Greg, a recruiter on our team, is looking forward to reading your application.
This posting will close on Thursday, August 13 at 2pm EDT.
At Shopify, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities. Please take a look at our 2019 Sustainability Report to learn more about Shopify's commitments.
Not what you’re looking for? Check out these similar roles.
|Fulfillment Centre Specialist (Memphis, TN)||Business Operations||Americas|
|Fulfillment Centre Specialist (St Louis, MO)||Business Operations||Americas|
|Senior Business Systems Analyst, Financial Solutions||Business Operations||Americas - Canada|