About the role
Shopify is a fast-growing commerce company currently powering over 800,000 stores in more than 175 different countries. Merchants use our software to power their business across multiple sales channels, including web, tablet and mobile storefronts, through social media and marketplaces, and in their brick-and-mortar and pop-up shops.
Finance’s mission is to help support Shopify’s growth over the long-term and ensure we achieve our objective of making commerce better for everyone. We are trusted advisors and growth partners to the business, always striving to learn, provide insights, solve complex problems and contribute positive impact. Finance also plays an important role at the strategic planning table and helps influence the future direction of Shopify.
Our FP&A team is looking to add a Fulfillment Finance Manager to our FP&A team to provide financial planning, analysis, and decision support for a growing part of our business, Shopify Fulfillment. We are looking for someone that enjoys big challenges and can apply their Financial expertise and guidance to support the business. If you are seasoned at working in a rapidly scaling environment, and enjoy working within a high performing team, then tell us how your experience makes you a great fit for our team.
Here's what you'll need:
- Leadership experience within a high growth environment demonstrating the ability to invent and scale financial processes and systems within a dynamic fulfillment operation.
- Seasoned at working in both a strategic and operational capacity to lead/partner on Shopify’s Fulfillment strategy and execution of business objectives.
- Partner with Sales and Operations teams to assess merchant contract’s financial viability and impact to P&L.
- Expertise in creating meaningful analyses for new products, operational improvements and cost optimization.
- Proven ability to recommend, influence, develop, and implement policies and programs that guide business units to improve competitive positioning and profitability.
- Can diligently troubleshoot and partner with accounting to drive a timely and accurate month end close process.
- Can anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, make trade-offs, and balance business needs versus financial and process constraints.
- Strong financial modeling skills including expert proficiency in Excel, Google Sheets and significant experience in other data analysis tools, Tableau and/or Mode
- An MBA, or professional designation (CA, CMA, CGA, CPA or CFA) Ability to thrive in an ambiguous environment
- Strong operational mindset with proven progressive work experience in a rapidly scaling environment and bias for action
- Seasoned at preparing monthly/quarterly financial variance analysis, Investment Planning, P&L forecasts and proven capability to prepare and present financial results.
- Business partnering skills and the ability to communicate financial concepts to non-finance teams in order to identify, surface, analyze and communicate business opportunities
You'll be working on things like:
- Partnering with one or more product teams to gain a deep understanding of new and existing products and providing performance forecasts as well as potential KPIs to track products
- Assisting in the preparation of annual investment plans and monthly forecasts and presenting them to finance/ business unit leadership
- Support the Operations and Commercial team in optimizing capacity planning, 3PL contracts, and Carrier contracts.
- Preparing monthly financial variance analysis and executive presentation slides
- Communicating performance throughout the team organization, including providing guidance and actionable recommendations on ROI acceleration
- Assisting with forward-thinking special projects and analyses, as required
We know looking for a new role can be both exciting and time-consuming, and we truly appreciate your effort. Justin is a real live person ( 👋) and is looking forward to learning more about you through your application. Don’t forget to include a cover letter, we love a good story!
Please note that applications will close on September 20, 2019 at 9am EDT.
At Shopify, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We strongly encourage applications from racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.
|Finance Manager - Merchant Support (based in Ottawa)||Legal and Finance||Toronto, Canada|
|Fraud & Risk Management Analyst||Legal and Finance||Toronto, Spadina - Office|
|Senior Finance Manager, Capital (Financial Services)||Legal and Finance||Toronto, Canada|
|Choose your own Trust & Safety Adventure! (Ottawa, Toronto or Remote)||Legal and Finance||Toronto, Canada|