About the role
OK, so what’s an Operations Support Specialist do? It's actually pretty simple. Our merchants can't be at our Carlisle facility in person, so you're going to be their troubleshooter and their eyes and ears on the ground. You'll use your awesome customer success skills and your deep knowledge of warehousing operations to make sure our merchants and the Carlisle facility work well together.
Want more? OK, the person that gets this role will be working closely with merchant experience teams, operations managers, and program managers. This person will be bridging the gap between us, the merchant and the facility. You’re like a fulfillment centre translator :)
You'll be responsible for:
- Own implementation of processes and tooling to enable better integration with internal systems (e.g. Zendesk)
- Be the subject matter expert within the Operations team when it comes to how the team will interact with the warehouse management system in use.
- Act as a bridge between the facility and the support teams to ensure the timely resolution of any issues
- Help create processes/workflows that provide consistency across the org
- Deploy new workflows to ensure the right information is flowing and create documentation to support these workflows.
- Training the team members in best practices/processes.
Here's what we're expecting you to have:
- You live in the St Louis, MO area or can relocate there. (we cannot provide relocation support)
- You've worked with customer service software like osTickets or Zendesk before.
- You've worked with WMS software before. This one's critical.
- An ability to create order from chaos.
- An ability to document knowledge and then share that in a meaningful way.
- Experience working in warehousing operations, logistics and/or supply chain
- A desire to make things work better
- A love of feedback! Both in terms of giving and receiving
Closing date: Friday, May 20 at 11:59PM EDT. Successful candidates can expect to hear back from us within 2 weeks of that date.
Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity & inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities, and/or people with intersectional identities. Please take a look at our Sustainability Reports to learn more about Shopify’s commitments to our communities, and our planet.
At Shopify, we understand that experience comes in many forms. We’re dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team - so if your experience is this close to what we’re looking for, please consider applying.