About the role
We’re looking for a highly motivated German speaking content marketer who is passionate about entrepreneurship, ecommerce, and digital marketing. Your task will be to localize and create compelling content that helps our German speaking merchants build, launch, and grow successful businesses with Oberlo and Shopify. You’ll be localizing marketing materials, writing new original blog posts, as well as working on other content projects – what these are is largely up to you – to help drive traffic and leads from German speaking countries. Long-term dedication is preferred. We are looking for someone who will grow with us for many years. Your role and tasks will expand and change as the company evolves and grows. This is an entrepreneurial environment and things move quickly! You up for it?
What you will be working on?
- Localize English content and marketing materials into German.
- Write, edit, and upload original content that is visible to search engines and legitimately helpful to dropshippers and entrepreneurs from all over the world.
- Analyse how content performs, run ongoing SEO experiments, tweak existing content to grow traffic and leads.
- Localize email copy, video scripts, social media copy, landing pages and coordinate production with other marketing teams and freelancers.
- Research, engage and keep up with German speaking influencers, media outlets, competitors in the entrepreneurship and ecommerce space.
- Push the boundaries of what a really localized experience means. Our messaging, tone of voice, images, should clearly speak to and attract our ideal German speaking customers.
- Educate yourself on all things ecommerce and dropshipping. That means doing conventional research, but also launching your own online store, collaborating with the folks on our products teams, and not being shy when you have questions.
Relevant experience and skills for the role
- Native oral and written competency in German.
- A passion for online marketing, ecommerce and entrepreneurship.
- A strong grasp of content marketing fundamentals, longform writing, an understanding of effective copywriting techniques, and the ability to write irresistible headlines.
- A solid understanding of SEO and know how to create content that ranks well in search engines.
- Familiarity with Wordpress, image editing software and Google Analytics is a huge plus.
- A persuasive writer but you’re not concerned with spinning pretty prose. Instead you value crafting clear, concise writing that is a fit for educating entrepreneurs, potential merchants, and existing merchants.
- You aren’t afraid to experiment and test. You don’t confine yourself to the usual online marketing advice available online and you think outside the box.
- A lifelong passion for learning.
What do we offer?
- Flourish in a culture of trust and ownership.
- Speak English in an office with people off 30 nationalities.
- Work in an international company with offices in Vilnius, Berlin, Ottawa, Montreal, Toronto and Shenzhen.
- Experience Town Hall, a weekly gathering of Shopifolk (both in office and remote!) to share context, experiences, and updates with all of Shopify.
- Enjoy flexible working hours and a competitive compensation package including equity, benefits, and perks.
- Benefit from a lifestyle spending account - a budget you can spend on a variety of things to help your life run smoothly, including wellness, transportation, and family care related expenses.
- Bountiful professional growth opportunities, such as training courses of your choice, books, conferences, business trips, etc.
- Delicious lunches provided daily, the best tech needed for you job, and relocation packages if required.
- Rewarding company wide events - team building day events, offsites, and summits.
Interested? Yes? Awesome!
Please don't forget:
Your resume / portfolio / website.
Links to three pieces of content on digital marketing / ecommerce / entrepreneurship you have created and are proud of. It can be blog posts, essays, videos or podcasts.
This job posting will be open until we hire the right candidate. We have a commitment to respond to applications within 2 weeks and we look forward to reviewing your application!
At Shopify, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We strongly encourage applications from racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.