About the role
Opportunity type - Full-time, and Full-time 12-month contract
About the role:
We are looking for seasoned Growth Marketers Leaders to join our Growth Org and help us develop and scale our growth marketing strategies. Shopify is on a mission to bring more entrepreneurship to the world, and the Growth team is a key driver of this mission. We know the adversity merchants face in building their business, and we’re dedicated to making it simpler and more connected.
The team is results-oriented and thrives at the intersection of marketing, data, and product. You will work with cross-functional teams to develop and execute multi-touch growth programs that engage, acquire, activate, retain, and win back merchants. The role requires an individual with strong influence, analytical skills, and the ability to turn insight into immediate action. The ideal candidate is passionate about the merchant experience and obsessed with finding new and creative ways to engage at scale.
- Drives the strategic direction and achievement of growth marketing priorities, and OKRs in their craft and/or direct team
- Contributes to the strategic direction and delivery of cross-functional team priorities and product roadmaps
- Leads direct team and/or cross-functional teams to raise the bar and drive consistent high performance as demonstrated by results on intended outcomes
- Understand/Identify/Execute on opportunities to increase growth in engagement, acquisition, activation, and/or retention of merchants on Shopify
- Help improve and speed up our iterative test & learn approach to improving merchant success while producing more growth for Shopify
- Champion/develop/review opportunity assessments & briefs (including tools such as - data modeling, what-if scenarios, financial analysis) to understand, identify and help prioritize work based on impact to the business / cross-functional team
- Work cross-functionally with research, data science, finance, performance marketing, content marketing, search engine optimization and product teams to execute unified, cross-channel programs against the entire merchant lifecycle
- Champion experiment briefs, measurement plans, the execution and operationalization of winning experiments/learnings into always-on programs
- Design, experiment on and roll out proven multi-channel journeys built for specific audiences designed to achieve their goals while also helping drive specific and quantifiable growth outcomes in an ongoing (always-on) manner.
- Contribute to developing playbooks and guiding principles to help the rest of Shopify scale growth efforts across different geographies and areas of the business
- Experience in lifecycle marketing, customer success, loyalty marketing, email marketing, or CRM as an asset
- Full-stack marketer with experience developing and implementing omnichannel, personalized marketing programs that increase conversion, adoption, and retention
- Experience analyzing data to uncover insights and optimize program performance
- Identify and leverage data attributes and behaviors to develop and implement personalized content and experiences
- Excels with rapid experimentation, analysis, and iteration based on insights
- Strong project management skills and experience leveraging project management tooling and systems to manage complex projects with multiple stakeholders
- Excellent communicator with experience communicating with stakeholders at all levels, across many functional areas
- A strong curiosity and initiative to identify new and creative ways to help merchants succeed in their business through Shopify’s ecosystem
- The ability to thrive in chaos, resolve ambiguity and think quickly on your feet
- Ability to make great decisions quickly by being a constant learner, and always seeking to improve their quality of decision making
- Work independently and autonomously with high speed and fidelity
- A strong understanding of marketing B2B and B2C SaaS products
- Located in North America
- Experience building and leading high performing teams, or teams of teams
- Prior experience working and scaling Customer Success for a B2B SaaS company an asset
- A “get shit done” attitude
- Experience in entrepreneurship (nothing better than dogfooding)
- Experience coding in any programming language
About the team & what we want to achieve together with you:
Shopify is on a mission to bring more entrepreneurship to the world, and the Growth team is a key driver of this mission. We want to build the best growth team in the world, and to do that we need the best people. This is an opportunity to build programs from scratch that help merchants grow and succeed with their businesses on Shopify. Not only will your work have a direct impact on the success of entrepreneurs, but you’ll have the opportunity to work alongside industry leaders and experts who are constantly pushing the boundaries and challenging the status quo.
Closing Date: This posting will close April 29th 2022 at 11:59PM (EST) (or once we have received enough applications)
Shopify is now permanently remote, and we’re working towards a future that is digital by design. That location you see above? Consider it merely an example of hundreds of potential locations Shopify is hiring. Learn more here: https://www.shopify.com/careers/work-anywhere
Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity & inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities, and/or people with intersectional identities. Please take a look at our Sustainability Reports to learn more about Shopify’s commitments to our communities, and our planet.
At Shopify, we understand that experience comes in many forms. We’re dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team - so if your experience is this close to what we’re looking for, please consider applying.