About the role
Shopify China's team is starting out and we’re looking for a Head of Business Development to join our founding team. This is a unique and exciting opportunity to lead our partnership and business development strategies in China and help establish Shopify’s presence in the market. You will need to be super growth-driven, and have strong business development skills to build out our partner ecosystem, which will play a critical role in Shopify's mission to make commerce better for everyone, everywhere.
Shopify is a fast-moving and entrepreneurial place to work where you'll be collaborating with talented, global team members. We've redefined commerce, raising the standard for how companies of all sizes around the world sell their products and services online and offline. We continue to grow rapidly while constantly looking for new ways to impact and disrupt markets.
What you’ll be working on:
- Develop and redefine our partnership strategy for China, and establish Shopify’s presence in the current ecosystem.
- Build strategic relationships for Shopify with leading players in ecommerce.
- Build and manage a partner team suitable for china ecommerce industry.
- Develop and manage our partners for China and provides them the resources they need to help Shopify merchants grow their businesses.
- Lead marketing and business development initiatives with partners to increase the awareness of Shopify, and helps us venture into new business opportunities.
- Align with our partners to understand merchant challenges and localization needs and collaborate with our product and R&D teams to make Shopify better for merchants and partners for China.
Requirements for the role:
- Hustle and an experimental nature.
- Strong understanding of the Chinese e-commerce ecosystems for import, export and domestic (e.g. payments, logistics, technologies).
- Rich experience in ecommerce partnership management and team management.
- Rich Keynote speaker or public speaking experience.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and be proactive and self-motivated.
- You embrace ambiguity and are open-minded.
- Strong analytical skills and comfortable with making data-informed decisions.
- Strong communication skills in Chinese and English (both written and oral).
- Adaptability in a rapidly growing, constantly changing environment.
- Eligible to work in China.
- Entrepreneurial mind; if you’ve started a business of your own before that would be great.
We know that applying to a new role takes a lot of work and we truly value your time. We are looking forward to reading your application!
|Partner Manager - China||Business Development||Shenzhen, China|