About the role
Shopify Retail is a startup within Shopify, building the software and hardware that power brick and mortar retail shops around the world. Our innovative products and vast reach are enabling omnichannel retailers to reinvent IRL commerce, and our team is writing a new chapter in Shopify’s growth story.
As the Head of Merchant Success for Shopify Retail, you’ll be helping high-growth, innovative Retail Merchants be successful. You will build out the Merchant Success function for Shopify Retail. This includes growing and developing a team and designing playbooks to provide our merchants with guidance, best practices, and strategic help to grow and succeed. You will be their partner in commerce, and will truly help them grow their business.
We’re looking for someone who is exhilarated by the task of building our Merchant Success team, tools and strategies from the ground up. This role will award you the autonomy you need to make an incredible impact at Shopify. It’s important to remember that you will be the voice of our retail merchants and it’s your responsibility to ensure that their voice is heard every step of the way. Curious as to what you’ll be doing and what we’re looking for? Check out the responsibilities and requirements below.
- Define and build the segmentation and engagement strategy for our Retail merchants while prioritizing retention
- Build a world-class Merchant Success team by recruiting, mentoring and coaching talent and creating a talent roadmap to ensure consistent engagement from your team
- Collaborate cross-functionally and gather feedback from Product, Marketing, Sales, Support and other departments to improve the merchant experience
- Champion the evolution in other departments’ methods for working and team up with them to execute those changes
- Help cultivate an expansive culture of Merchant Success for Shopify Retail by analyzing and leveraging key insights
- Ensure steady and robust execution by your teams in delivering exceptional experiences for our merchants
- Be a strong advocate for demanding but compassionate performance management
- You are an exceptional leader. You help instill confidence and skill in your leads. People really want to work for you and with you, and you have done this with people both in-office and remote, and across time zones. You’re able to be an effective teacher and mentor to recently promoted leads and have the capability of developing them to operate at the next level.
- A background in customer-facing roles. We’ll want to hear about your experiences managing difficult customer service or success situations and about your impact enabling customer’s success overall.
- Proven experience in navigating complexity. You will have worked successfully in an environment of constant change, few rules and structures, and with rapidly rising expectations. You understand how to prioritize the ‘big rocks’ and are able to help your leads to do the same.
- Creativity and execution. You come up with unique ways to solve problems by using a data-informed approach. You’re able to connect the dots and nail down root causes for problems. You don’t easily take no for an answer and are effective in translating strategic directions into action.
- A champion for your teams. Being close to the action, you’ll need to know your teams and your people well, and have their trust so that issues and concerns are voiced readily allowing you to escalate those and take appropriate action. You’re willing and able to get your hands dirty alongside your teams.
- Entrepreneurial experience. You’ve launched a business or some form of undertaking that demonstrates you have the vision and drive of a successful entrepreneur. Not necessarily a Shopify store.
This posting will closed on June 5th at 12 PM EST - please make sure to get your application before then.
At Shopify, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.
|Shared Merchant Success Manager (PST)||Sales and Account Management||Americas, Canada|