About the role
Shopify Retail is a startup within Shopify, building the software and hardware that powers retail shops and in-person sellers. Our innovative products and vast reach are changing the way in-person commerce is done, and our team is writing a new chapter in Shopify’s growth story.
We’re looking for an exceptional leader that is ready to take on the challenge of building Shopify Retail in New York City. You will be part of the Shopify Retail Go-to-Market leadership team, with full ownership for the awareness, growth and success of Shopify Retail in NYC.
You will be responsible to build and manage a marketing and sales team that works with established and emerging NYC retailers to develop their in-person commerce strategies — whether that’s starting or expanding their brick & mortar operations, or adopting Shopify Point of Sale (POS). We’re merchant obsessed and driven in our goal to see NYC entrepreneurs and brands succeed.
- Growing the number of merchants using Shopify POS in New York City; meeting monthly sales and Gross Merchandize Value (GMV) goals
- Hiring and managing a high-performance outside sales team and leading a marketing team to drive leads
- Building an exceptional team culture
- Being Shopify Retail’s external representative and spokesperson in NYC
- Setting Shopify Retail's strategy as part of the global go-to-market leadership team
- Defining, implementing and continually iterating our sales tactics
- Creating and implementing processes and tools that reflect best practices
- Providing input to product priorities and marketing campaigns
- Working with supporting teams (data, business ops, recruiting, etc) to build infrastructure for a growing team and customer base
Requirements for the Role:
- High integrity leader with the ability to motivate, inspire and drive results
- Experience leading high-performance sales teams in a fast growing business
- Track record of excellence and achievement
- Confident using data to solve problems and drive decision making
- Passion for achieving impact that is driven by an entrepreneurial mindset
- Skilled at leading and aligning cross-functional teams, including marketing and product
- Exceptional strategic abilities coupled with strong influencing skills
At Shopify, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.
Closing date: Monday, September 2 at 9am EDT.