About the role
The Channels team at Shopify is the product, engineering, and business group that enables channels to our merchants to reach buyers wherever they may be: online, in-person, in a marketplace, social media, email or search.
As Head of Partner Management, you’ll be responsible for leading a team that manages a vast and growing array of partners such as Facebook, Google, Microsoft, eBay, Snap, or Pinterest, in the advertising and commerce space. You’ll be in charge of both the relationship management and long-term success of these partners, including any future business development initiatives.
This is a highly collaborative and cross-functional role, interacting heavily with engineering, product, design, support, and marketing teams. You’ll need to be able to quickly create meaningful relationships both internally and externally. We value creative thinkers, driven, collaborative, and action-oriented individuals.
- Support the strategic objectives and interest of Shopify’s business teams on a global basis
- Be the primary point of escalation and leader for a growing number of partners
- Identify trends and expand the scope of your partnerships (sign new deals) for continuous partnership growth
- Lead discussion across other functional teams within Shopify including Product, Engineering, Marketing, Support, Legal, and Finance to execute on various opportunities
- Think strategically about new business models, and product integrations with the ability to build and convey compelling value propositions and drive innovation through our partners
- Experience leading partner teams
- Experience signing complex partnerships deals with large companies
- Experience working cross-functionally and managing multiple stakeholders (across Product, Engineering, Marketing, Support, Legal, and Finance)
- Experience in ad-tech or marketplaces preferred
- Strong attention to detail and ability to prioritize effectively
- Experience making things happen in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Solid negotiating skills, as well as proven business and financial acumen
We will be accepting applications online until 10 am EST Wednesday, February 19, 2020.
We know that applying to a new role takes a lot of work. We truly appreciate your time and look forward to learning more about you!
At Shopify, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.
|Senior Point-of-Sale Partnerships Lead||Business Development||Toronto, New York|