HR Business Partner
Remote in British Columbia
We’re looking for someone special to join the Human Relations team at Shopify. HR at Shopify is unique in that we don’t let unnecessary process get in the way of common sense when we’re working with our team.
You will be responsible for supporting the strategy and growth of Shopify’s various business units. You’ll be working on things like planning & hiring, compensation, employee relations, learning & development, and partnering with Leads to support them in their challenges and successes. You’ll also work closely with our Talent Acquisition and Acceleration teams to ensure full support of a business unit.
This is a remote position, so you must be prepared and able to work remotely within British Columbia.
What we're looking for:
- Ability to recommend creative solutions to complex situations that you might not have encountered before - even if they go against the grain
- Ability to embrace chaos and a flexible attitude
- Experience using insightful data to guide decision making in the area of compensation, performance management, talent management, career development and employee relations
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with proven ability to understand trends and develop recommendations
- Rolling up your sleeves to get things done as well as being part of deeply complex strategic discussions
It'd be great if you also had experience with:
- Working in a product company before
- Partnering with teams during times of rapid growth
- 4+ years of human relations experience in a tech, or high-growth company. Ideally 2-3 years of HR Business Partner experience
Here’s how to apply:
If you’re interested in helping us shape the future of commerce, click the “Apply now” button to submit your application. If you really want to stand out, sign up for a free trial of Shopify and build a store. Share the link with us so we can take a look!
Experience comes in many forms, many skills are transferable, and passion goes a long way. If your experience is this close to what we’re looking for, consider applying. We know that diversity of thought makes for the best problem-solving and creative thinking, which is why we're dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage everyone to apply.
We expect to receive a lot of applications for this role, so tell us about a very difficult HR decision you’ve had to make (don’t include names of people or companies). Why did you make that decision and what impact did it have?
**Please note that this position is remote within British Columbia**
***This poster will close on July 26th 2017***
Not what you’re looking for?
Don’t worry, we’re growing and exciting jobs come up often. Sign up to receive email updates when other Human Relations jobs are posted.