|Team||HR and Culture|
About the role
Shopify is now permanently remote and working towards a future that is digital by default.Learn more about what this can mean for you.
Shopify has seen a massive amount of growth and we aren’t stopping here! We’ve scoured the earth to find the top talent. We’ve built out teams that are incredibly passionate, driven and intelligent. Now we need the best HR Business Partners to come alongside our leaders and drive for success in the next phase of Shopify.
So what exactly are we looking for?
We’ve realized the best HR Business Partners are real “do-ers”. You’ll need to cultivate context and powerful relationships within the employee groups you support as a BP and the wider Shopify. Through relationship building, strong business acumen and the ability to balance the two, you will truly partner with the business. You’ll be using your creativity and flexibility to provide innovative solutions in the areas of performance consulting, employee relations and talent management in a fully remote role with our 100% remote employee base. Your natural ability to dig deeply into a topic and work collaboratively towards a goal will also allow you to influence the team’s success.
- Collaborate with a team of HR Business Partners around the globe
- Build a strategy to retain and develop high impact people through Talent Management practices
- Use sound judgement, people and business acumen, and practical experience to support the development and implementation of initiatives such as organizational design and change, talent assessment and gap identification, and communication and change management strategies
- Establish annual goals and priorities by leading the analysis and diagnosis of client needs, influence the direction for new or revised Talent programs, services, work flows, operational plans and standards based on the departments or functions longer term strategies
- Play a leadership role to recognize barriers to success and drive proactive solutions that support building a high performance environment with a focus on coaching and mentoring leaders on talent reviews, performance consulting, succession and building a talent pipeline for high impact people to be successful
- Align business strategies with the Talent Team’s strategic objectives to add value to the clients you partner with
- Recommend creative solutions to complex situations that you might not have encountered before - even if they go against the grain
- Build high trust and impactful relationships with employees and leaders at all levels
- Support the build and delivery of cross functional Talent initiatives and programs by maintaining strong and collaborative relationships with all groups across our Talent team
- Promote, educate and support training on our Diversity and Belonging initiatives
- Ensure that the interests of colleagues and the company are considered in accordance with Irish law and regulations
- Conduct formal investigations related to the Code of Conduct and the legal and regulatory frameworks of Ireland
- Ability to lead multiple, competing strategic priorities
- Capacity to thrive in a fast paced, high growth and complex environment
- A passion for coaching leaders through hands-on and strategic input, discernment and advice
- Ability to build high trust and impactful relationships with employees and leaders at all levels
- Comfort presenting complex business issues to leaders and executives in a clear and compelling manner
- Strong problem-solving abilities, and ability to create solutions and execute for resolution
- High motivation, self starter, requiring little directionExperience working in Employee Relations in Ireland including hands on working experience in employee investigations
- Knowledge of relevant Irish employment regulation e.g. Employment Equality Act 1998 to 2011, Payment of Wages Act 1991, Maternity Protection Act 1994 to 2004, Safety, Health and Welfare at work Act 2005 (note - list not exhaustive)
- Willingness to get your hands dirty while still maintaining the “pulse” of the team
Preferred Qualification or Experience:
- EMEA / Irish qualifications in Employment Law and related disciplines
- Working fluency in French, German, Italian or Spanish preferred
This posting will close on October 31 at 4 pm CET.
You can expect to hear back from us (regardless of outcome) within 2 weeks from when you applied.
At Shopify, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.