Internal Security Analyst
Shopify’s Internal Security Team is looking for a junior developer who believes our employees deserve to be as secure as our merchants. With a largely distributed workforce spanning the globe, we need to be able to retain our default to open culture while maintaining a robust security posture. That’s where you fit in. We need a passionate analyst who has a keen interest in securing the people of Shopify. You’ll be leveraging technologies from Apple, Amazon, Google, and the likes while you gain expertise in device security, identity management, cyber threat discovery, and risk profiling & mitigation.
You'll need to have:
- Knowledge of security issues affecting web applications & infrastructures
- Clear communication and thinking about cyber threat detection
- A methodical and disciplined mindset
- An ability to thrive in a dynamic environment
- Enthusiasm for continuous learning to meet new challenges
It'd be great if you have experience with:
- Contributing to open source security projects
- Log aggregation technologies and tools (Splunk, ELK stacks, ...)
- SIEM systems
You'll be working on things like:
- Working as support for subject matter experts concerning device security, identity management, cyber threat detection, and risks profiling and mitigation
- Diving deep into the systems we currently use to evaluate and determine how future security systems will fit in
- Developing tools to help gain more visibility into our networks and scale intrusion detection capabilities
- Maintaining and improving trust for teams, merchants, and customers
How to Apply 📄 ➡️ 📬
If you’re interested in helping us shape the future of commerce at Shopify, click the “Apply Now” button to submit your application. Also, we 💚 automation here, but not at this stage: the actual real live human reading your application is named Frances 👋 👩💻.
PLEASE NOTE: we will be accepting applications for this role until Friday, June 23 2017 and will get in touch with all applicants after that point.
Experience comes in many forms, many skills are transferable, and passion goes a long way. If your background is this close to what we’re looking for, please consider applying. We are dedicated to diversity and providing an inclusive workplace for all and especially encourage members of underrepresented groups to apply.
Not what you’re looking for?
Don’t worry, we’re growing and exciting jobs come up often. Sign up to receive email updates when other Security jobs are posted.