Internal Security Engineer - Identity Management
Shopify’s Internal Security Team is looking for an experienced security professional who believes our employees deserve to be as secure as our merchants. With a largely distributed workforce spanning the globe, we need to be able to retain our default to open culture while maintaining a robust security posture.
That’s where you fit in: we need a keen, passionate engineer who wants to help us secure our internal networks, applications, and most importantly, who understands how identity plays a crucial role in the organization. Reducing friction to access our systems is key for the internal security team. You’ll be leveraging technologies from Apple, Amazon, Google, and the like, and developing tools in-house, while you develop programs and policies to manage Shopify employees’ identities across our different services.
Requirements for the role:
- Knowledge of security issues affecting web applications and infrastructures
- Clear thinking and communication about authentication, authorization, and auditability in a rapidly growing company
- Software development experience, including proficiency with software design patterns, code review, test-driven development, etc.
- A methodical and disciplined mindset
- An ability to thrive in a dynamic environment
- Enthusiasm for continuous learning to meet new challenges
- Identity management systems and technologies (oAuth, SAML, Google Accounts, Okta, etc.)
- Contributing to open source security projects
- Log aggregation tools (Splunk, ELK stacks, etc)
Projects you will be working on:
- Managing identity management processes and systems
- Enhancing coverage of SSO technologies across our internal systems
- Diving deep into the systems we currently use to evaluate and determine how future security systems will fit in
- Developing tools to help gain more visibility into our networks and scale intrusion detection capabilities
- Providing security advice to any product team, and to Shopifolk as the whole
- Maintaining and improving trust for internal teams, merchants, and customers
We know that applying to a new role takes a lot of work and we truly value your time. Frances is looking forward to reading your application.
Please note: we are accepting application for this role until February 12 2018 and will respond to all applicants after that date.
Experience comes in many forms, many skills are transferable, and passion goes a long way. If your background is this close to what we’re looking for, please consider applying. We are dedicated to diversity and providing an inclusive workplace for all and especially encourage members of underrepresented groups to apply.
Not what you’re looking for?
Don’t worry, we’re growing and exciting jobs come up often. Sign up to receive email updates when other Trust & Security jobs are posted.