Internal Security Engineer - Identity Management
Ottawa, Montreal, Toronto
Shopify’s Internal Security Team is looking for an experienced security professional who believes our employees deserve to be as secure as our merchants. With a largely distributed workforce spanning the globe, we need to be able to retain our default to open culture while maintaining a robust security posture. That’s where you fit in: We need a keen, passionate engineer who wants to help us secure our internal networks, applications, and most importantly, understand our identity plays a crucial role in the organization. Reducing friction of access to our systems is key for the internal security team. You’ll be leveraging technologies from Apple, Amazon, Google, and the likes while you engineer and develop programs and policies to manage Shopify employees identities across our different services.
You'll need to have:
- Knowledge of security issues affecting web applications and infrastructures
- Clear communication and thinking about authentication, authorization, and auditability in a rapidly growing company
- A methodical and disciplined mindset
- An ability to thrive in a dynamic environment
- Enthusiasm for continuous learning to meet new challenges
It'd be great if you have experience with:
- Identity management systems and technologies (oAuth, SAML, Google Accounts, Okta, etc.)
- Contributing to open source security projects
- Log aggregation tools (Splunk, ELK stacks, etc)
You'll be working on things like:
- Managing identity management processes and systems
- Enhancing coverage of SSO technologies across our internal systems
- Diving deep into the systems we currently use to evaluate and determine how future security systems will fit in
- Developing tools to help gain more visibility into our networks and scale intrusion detection capabilities
- Providing security advice to any product team
- Maintaining and improving trust for teams, merchants, and customers
How to Apply 📄 ➡️ 📬
If you’re interested in helping us shape the future of commerce at Shopify, click the “Apply Now” button to submit your application. Also, we 💚 automation here, but not at this stage: the actual real live human reading your application is named Frances 👋 👩💻.
Experience comes in many forms, many skills are transferable, and passion goes a long way. If your background is this close to what we’re looking for, please consider applying. We are dedicated to diversity and providing an inclusive workplace for all and especially encourage members of underrepresented groups to apply.
Not what you’re looking for?
Don’t worry, we’re growing and exciting jobs come up often. Sign up to receive email updates when other Security jobs are posted.