About the role
Shopify is now permanently remote and working towards a future that is digital by default. Learn more about what this can mean for you.
Shopify is Making Commerce Better for Everyone and we need your help.
As of today, Shopify has over 1M merchants in 175+ countries using our software to set up and run their businesses across multiple sales channels including: web, mobile, social media, marketplaces, brick-and-mortar locations, and pop-up shops.
We are looking for an analytically-driven and open-minded International Markets Lead to accelerate our growth into new markets. This is a business development role, where the primary goal is merchant acquisition through partnerships in early-stage markets. Working with many internal and external stakeholders across continents and timezones, the ideal candidate will be highly organized, entrepreneurial, creative, and resourceful – a self-starter who can juggle multiple projects, drive campaigns and brand initiatives to completion, and help connect the dots between different teams and disciplines. This role works globally, so the ideal candidate resides in Europe. The right candidate will make an impact with strong business acumen, influencing through credibility vs. hierarchy.
- New merchant acquisition through partnerships. This includes agencies, referral partners, and technology companies in the Shopify ecosystem.
- Guiding and building the high-performing, entrepreneurial team, and improving their ability to acquire merchants in the market they own.
- Unlocking growth in multiple markets where Shopify has established early product-market fit, with an emphasis on rapid experimentation and high-leverage initiatives. Driving experiments in multiple markets.
- Coaching the team through hypothesis testing and objective impact reviews.
- Enabling an expansion strategy with greater emphasis on APAC and EMEA markets.
- Establishing and nurturing key relationships with Shopify HQ and regional teams. This is critical in communicating opportunities that will take the form of fact-based business cases.
- Collaborating with internal and external stakeholders/partners who have strong subject-matter expertise.
- Participating in International team processes to identify commercial growth opportunities for Shopify.
- Strong international go-to-market experience, especially through an APAC and EMEA lens.
- A firm understanding of commercialization, merchant acquisition, and partnerships are critical to this role.
- Strong track record of leading teams and driving personal growth for team members.
- Detail-oriented, with a natural ability to streamline projects and synthesize information; sharp organizational skills to stay on track and pursue solutions without supervision.
- A passion to grow Shopify and thrive as an industry leader.
- Understanding of the e-commerce ecosystem (e.g. retail, payments, logistics, partners), and the ability to quickly learn about how these pieces improve merchant acquisition.
- A sense of urgency, with a proactive solution-oriented and delivery-focused mindset.
- A strong ability to nurture and spearhead ideas, earn credibility, and influence internal and external stakeholders towards common goals.
- Experience building strong relationships across multiple teams and stakeholders internally and externally.
- Effective communicator: excellent written and verbal skills to convey new concepts; comfortable guiding in-depth 1:1 meetings and group presentations alike at a senior level.
- Ideally you will be based in Ireland.
It would be nice if you had:
- Business proficiency in any relevant languages (APAC/EMEA).
- Strong cultural understanding of entrepreneurship in any of the expansion regions.
- Entrepreneurial experience, a track record of embracing uncertainty to find a way forward.
- Past experience working in product-led organizations and highly matrixed teams is a strong plus.
- The interview process for this position will be handled 100% remotely with interviews being conducted over video with Talent Acquisition, hiring manager and internal stakeholders.
This job posting will be open until we hire the right candidate. We have a commitment to respond to applications within 2 weeks and we look forward to reviewing your application!
At Shopify, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities. Please take a look at our2019 Sustainability Reportto learn more about Shopify's commitments.
Interested, but not ready to apply?
Join the Shopify Talent Community today by visiting www.talent-community.myshopify.com