About the role
Shopify has redefined commerce, raising the standard for how companies of all sizes sell their products and services online and off. With 1,000,000+ merchants in more than 175 different countries, and the most innovative platform on the market, we continue to grow rapidly while constantly looking for new ways to impact and disrupt markets.
Yes, you read that right - in this time of Covid-19, Shopify is still hiring. We're definitely open for business, and we're fighting hard to keep hundreds of thousands of other businesses open as well. If that sounds like something you could get behind, keep reading.
First, let's get you up to speed. Last year, Shopify launched the Shopify Fulfillment Network (SFN). We followed that up by acquiring 6 River Systems, a leader in warehouse robotics. We’re early in our mission to democratize fulfillment, but it’s one we take very seriously. That’s why we’re looking to bring on a dedicated Inventory Analyst.
Setting the stage further. We’re currently running multiple fulfillment nodes, with many merchants and thousands of SKUs . And it’s getting bigger every day. That’s why we need some help in the Inventory Analyst department.
Breaking the role down, the successful candidate will work with merchants on SFN - many of whom don’t have inventory analysts on their teams - to help them understand the complexities of fulfillment, warehousing and supply management. Think managing and accelerating the cycle counting routines, reporting on inventory adjustments, deep diving into the root causes, and implementing process changes to correct. You’ll be responding to historical data inputs as well as less tangible information. How can we help out merchants NOW by advising them on where their inventory should be placed to offer their customers super efficient (and cheap) shipping.
OK, let’s chat about what your day to day would look like to start:
- You’ll be tracking day-to-day node inventory and assist in supporting node KPIs to consistently meet/exceed established goals
- You’ll be maintaining daily reports that are established to measure daily, weekly and monthly KPIs
- You’ll be developing and managing the node cycle count program and the inventory recoup/repack/return/recycle program
- Ready to jump in and support on other inventory related projects as required
Here’s what we’d like you to bring to the role:
- Experience in inventory control, preferably directly in a warehouse setting. That includes solid knowledge of data analysis, inventory management software, and inventory counting processes.
- Strong analytical skills, Excel or Google sheets is enough but data tools are even better. SQL and data analytics experience is a huge asset
- An analytical mind with strong attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal.
- The ability to prioritize and organize work, along with strong follow-up, analytical, problem solving and sound decision making skills
- An ability to thrive in ambiguity. We don’t pretend to have all the answers, so you have to be prepared to work in this sort of environment.
- Knowledge of Warehouse Management Systems (WMS) would be awesome too.
If you feel excited after reading this, then address your cover letter to Greg and click "Apply Now". We're looking forward to hearing from you!
This posting will close Friday, September 11 at noon ET.
You can expect to hear back from us (regardless of outcome) within 2-3 weeks from when you applied.
At Shopify, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.
Interested, but not ready to apply?
Join the Shopify Talent Community today by visiting www.talent-community.myshopify.com