We’re looking for someone to lead our awesome team of IT Specialists . You will be helping to manage our in-house Apple equipment repair, desktop support, as well as the purchasing and administration of all internal tools and accounts. While this role is based in our Toronto office, there be occasional travel to Waterloo where yourself and the team will work to keep our fleet of Macbooks and other equipment up and running. This includes doing repairs, monitoring help desk tickets, and keeping Shopify's technology running smoothly. Whether it's researching the latest gadgets that can assist our Shopify teams or running the technology at events such like weekly town halls, IT is a vital part of our office's functioning. We're looking for someone to lead this dynamic team and be apart of Shopify's future success.
You'll need to have:
- A passion for “living on the cutting edge” of technology
- The ability to work autonomously
- Experience and passion for leading and growing people
- Time/Task Management skills
- Great organization and prioritization “Triage” skills
- The ability to empower others to do it themselves
It’d be great if you have experience with:
- JAMF Suite
- Apple Certified Mac Technician (ACMT) certification
- Broad knowledge of iOS, Mac OS X and Unix systems (including command line)
- MDM/OS X Deployment knowledge
- Encryption/Security in an OSX environment)
- Familiarity with administering tools such as Zendesk, Google Apps, Adobe...
You’ll be working on:
- Managing a small IT team over two offices
- Monitoring Casper for hardware failures/issues and deploying new creative solutions
- Asset and inventory management
- Helping to evaluate new Apple products and other hardware and software
- Administrating our in house help-desk application
As an IT Lead at Shopify you will own a variety of exciting technical projects and be responsible for helping to grow your team of talented IT Specialists. The role is a spirited mix people leadership and technical leadership. If leading the IT team at Shopify sounds like a place where you can make an impact, apply below!
Experience comes in many forms, many skills are transferable, and passion goes a long way. If your experience is this close to what we’re looking for, consider applying. We know that diversity of thought makes for the best problem-solving and creative thinking, which is why we're dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage everyone to apply.
Not what you’re looking for?
Don’t worry, we’re growing and exciting jobs come up often. Sign up to receive email updates when other Internal Operations jobs are posted.
Your application has been submitted. We will be in touch. Also, we encourage all applicants to experiment with the product and start a store.