IT Procurement and Onboarding Specialist
When a company grows as quickly as Shopify, you need a dedicated, knowledgeable, and resourceful IT team to get shit done. We’re not a masters-of-none sort of group here - we have folks specialising in different aspects of IT, from AV and infrastructure, to help desk and hardware, to procurement and onboarding.
Our procurement and onboarding team is on the front lines of Shopify’s growth, shaping the technology experience for each member of the Shopify team from day one, and we’re looking for a new team member! You’ll take on ordering and provisioning of all our Apple hardware, monitors, phones, nerf guns and other IT related equipment. You’ll also be able to research and explore new technology on the market, to see how it could fit into Shopify’s environment. And you’ll be part of the welcoming committee for new Shopifolk, helping onboard new staff, introducing them to all the amazing tools at their disposal.
Requirements for the role:
- Great troubleshooting skills - you don’t need to have all the answers, but you’ll need to figure out how to find them
- Interest in technology, both hardware and software, and curiosity of how it works
- Ability to multitask, coupled with time/task management skills - there are all lot of things happening at once around here, and you’ll need to know how to prioritise them well
- Be detail oriented while working in a very fast paced environment - things change rather quickly and your attention to detail will help you ship projects quickly without sacrificing quality
- Ability to work autonomously - we’re a team built on trust and believe strongly that our employees do their best work when given freedom to try new techniques and work with little prescription
- Negotiation skills - knowing how to manage expectations and even say no while maintaining strong relationships is key to our success
- Experience working in a Mac/iOS/Chrome environment
- JAMF Casper Suite or other MDM knowledge
- Building partnerships with vendors
- Administrative work, such as ordering and receiving reconciliation and maintaining financial records
Your responsibilities will include:
- Ordering Macbooks for our remote team and new hires
- Helping new staff set up their laptops
- Making sure people in the office have all the gear they need
- Improving existing workflows
- Hardware / software asset management
- Exploring new IT hardware
Tools of our trade:
- Is some of this tech new to you? That’s OK! We know not everyone will come in fully familiar with this stack, and we provide support to learn on the job.
- Apple laptops (from Airs to MacBook Pros)
- All the accessories for a functioning in-office or remote employee (think dongles, mice, keyboards…)
- JAMF Pro
We know that applying to a new role takes a lot of work and we truly value your time. Laura is looking forward to reading your application.
Please note that we will be accepting applications until January 26 2018 and will get back to all applicants after that point.
Experience comes in many forms, many skills are transferable, and passion goes a long way. If your experience is this close to what we’re looking for, consider applying. We know that diversity of thought makes for the best problem-solving and creative thinking, which is why we're dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage everyone to apply.
Not what you’re looking for?
Don’t worry, we’re growing and exciting jobs come up often. Sign up to receive email updates when other Trust & Security jobs are posted.