As an IT Specialist at Shopify, you’ll be Getting Shit Done by keeping our teams around the world (and their technology) up and running. This includes everything from fixing hardware and software issues, all the way to assigning access to the tools Shopifolk use daily. Security is important to us, so ensuring our inventory is secure is a top priority.
Who are we looking for? Someone who will impact the team by being a strong individual contributor, but also a valuable team player. You won’t be working on the networking or AV side of IT on this team (we have a separate team focused on that area), but will be using your “Help Desk” experience to support both in-house and remote users, priding yourself in solving issues for them. We’re all about building for the long term, so you should be great at finding solutions to problems before they happen.
Requirements for the role:
- Ability to document and develop support processes in collaboration with other technology teams
- Proven help desk experience supporting various devices, such as Apple laptops & software, ChromeOS, printers, etc
- Experience with SaaS business applications (e.g. Workday, Zendesk, Salesforce, Talkdesk)
- Strong relationship building skills to be able to successfully work across departments
- Thinking outside of the box and communicating suggestions and findings to technical and non-technical audiences
- JAMF Pro or equivalent MDM solution
- OKTA or another enterprise-grade identity management service
- G-Suite Administration knowledge
Your responsibilities will include:
- Providing internal helpdesk support for Shopifolk
- Respond to, record, track, and close tickets
- Assist with evolving internal documentation
- Provisioning computers (mainly MacOS) for internal and remote employees
- Troubleshooting hardware and software issues
- Onboarding and offboarding team member tools
- Managing our agents in our various apps across our tool stack
- Automating manual tasks that slow our teams down
- Possibility of On-Call schedule
Tools of our trade:
- Is some of this tech new to you? That’s OK! We know not everyone will come in fully familiar with this stack, and we provide support to learn on the job.
- Mac hardware and OS
- JAMF Pro
We know that applying to a new role takes a lot of work and we truly value your time. Frances is looking forward to reading your application.
Experience comes in many forms, many skills are transferable, and passion goes a long way. If your experience is this close to what we’re looking for, consider applying. We know that diversity of thought makes for the best problem-solving and creative thinking, which is why we're dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage everyone to apply.
Not what you’re looking for?
Don’t worry, we’re growing and exciting jobs come up often. Sign up to receive email updates when other Trust & Security jobs are posted.