About the role
Shopify is a leading global commerce company that provides trusted tools to start, grow, market, and manage retail businesses of any size. Merchants use our software to power their businesses across multiple sales channels, including web, tablet and mobile storefronts, social media and marketplaces, and in their brick-and-mortar and pop-up shops. Our platform and services are engineered for reliability and have raised the standard for shopping experiences of consumers across the world - Shopify powers over one million businesses in more than 175 countries.
About the role
Within the Shopify Legal Team, the Trust & Safety Team is committed to making commerce better for everyone. From shaping and enforcing policy, addressing online content concerns, and developing cutting-edge tooling to scale and streamline complex workflows, our work is challenging, varied and constantly evolving.
Trust & Safety Operations is responsible for operationalizing procedures and processes to support Shopify’s legal and compliance framework. This includes overseeing the enforcement and ongoing development of processes and policies related to copyright and trademark infringement by Shopify’s merchants, as well as Shopify’s sanctions screening program.
We’re looking to add a Junior Intellectual Property (“IP”) Operations Specialist to our Trust & Safety team in Ottawa. Among other things, this role involves handling a large volume of intellectual property infringement notices and acting as a primary point of contact for merchant-related legal questions.
To be successful on the Trust & Safety team, you must be a quick learner who is able to apply your knowledge and experience to novel scenarios and determine the appropriate course of action in a well-reasoned and scalable way. You must be a self-starter who thrives working in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision, and who can keep track of multiple issues as they progress. You need to take the work seriously, but not take yourself too seriously. You also need to be comfortable with being uncomfortable, be able to work with many different types of personalities, manage others’ expectations, and have a positive and optimistic outlook. The ability to adapt and change on the fly is a must for this position.
Real talk: Our unofficial team motto is "no task too small". You need to work hard, be eager, and be a great team player. Our super smart, dedicated and highly-engaged team members are always willing to jump in and help out, regardless of the task.
- Assisting with IP matters, such as handling Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”) Notices and Takedowns and Trademark Notices and Takedowns
- Acting as a point of contact for merchant-related legal questions
- Managing Shopify’s legal email inbox
- Monitoring and taking appropriate action to protect and enforce Shopify’s IP, such as submitting takedown requests
- Supporting other projects within the Trust & Safety Operations team as they arise
- Championing a better, faster and simpler way of doing things
Requirements for the Role
- A Bachelor's degree in a related field, and/or commensurate work experience
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills and attention to detail
- Excellent time management skills - you thrive when you’re working working on multiple projects, and are adept at balancing priorities, stakeholders and deadlines
- Tons of patience and a strong customer service orientation
- A proactive, data-driven approach to identifying and solving problems
- Superb research and analytical skills
- Strong knowledge of the DMCA Notice & Takedown process, and experience handling DMCA Takedown Notices
- Experience handling ticketing systems and managing complaints
- Experience working in a legal environment
We know that applying to a new role takes a lot of work and we truly value your time. Justin Howe, Lead for Trust & Safety Operations, is looking forward to reading your application. In your cover letter, please let us know: if you had to be shipwrecked on a deserted island and all your human needs—such as food and water—were taken care of, what two items would you want to have with you?
This posting will close on Thursday, May 28, 2020 at 5 PM EDT.
At Shopify, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.