About the role
Shopify Plus is Shopify’s enterprise level solution, provides enterprise ecommerce with the freedom for businesses to grow, adapt, and evolve. Shopify Plus is helping power commerce for companies like Rebecca Minkoff, MVMT, Nestle, Kylie Cosmetics, and many more in North America, and looking forward to helping Chinese supersellers to be successful worldwide. We believe large merchants should love their commerce platform and we work hard each day to make that happen.
Your role as a Key Account Manager, also known as Merchant Success Manager is to help high-growth, high-volume merchants be successful. You will do this through developing strong relationships with your merchants, and providing them with recommendations on how to build and implement the right tactics to move their business forward.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Creating strong relationships with merchants and their teams
- Coaching merchants to grow their business by partnering with them on goal development, and providing tailored and structured recommendations to achieve those goals
- Identifying areas for improvement, including opportunities for product adoption and implementing new Shopify features; recommending ways to best utilize Shopify’s solutions
- Connecting merchants with top Shopify Partners for custom design and development projects
- Partnering with internal Shopify teams to advocate for merchants’ needs and requests
- Demonstrating an in depth understanding of industry trends
Requirements for the role:
- Native level Chinese with high English proficiency
- Experience managing large and/or complex accounts; relationship management is your secret weapon
- Experience providing customer value and driving retention; you should be merchant-focused in all that you do
- Experience or training in managing small to mid sized projects; you’ll be working with 20-40 merchants and their big picture strategy
- Experience, training, or exposure to programming languages, custom apps, APIs, etc.; you’ll be working with multiple stakeholders and will need to learn to speak their language
- Experience or training in Digital Marketing (paid advertising, social media, SEO etc); you know the tactics that will drive results
- Experience in eCommerce (understanding of acquisition, conversion, retention); it is a complex ecosystem with many moving parts, and you need to see how they fit together.
We know that applying to a new role takes a lot of work and we truly value your time. We are looking forward to reading your application and your interest in helping shape the future of commerce in China.