Launch Engineer - Shopify Plus (BC) 🚀
Remote in British Columbia
Shopify Plus is making enterprise commerce simple. We give high growth, high volume merchants the scalability, reliability and flexibility they need. Shopify Plus is helping power commerce for companies like, RedBull, GE, Beastmode, Nine West, Kanye West, Kylie Cosmetics, and many more. We believe large merchants should love their commerce platform and we work hard each day to make that happen. We are in hyper-growth, and this is where you come in.
In your role as a Launch Engineer, you’ll be working with our Shopify Plus merchants on all their big picture technology and systems strategy. You’ll be consulting with merchants on their ecommerce technology stack, as well as providing guidance on how to best leverage the Shopify platform and ecosystem to support their business processes and initiatives. You’ll be directly connected with new Shopify Plus merchants as they come onto our platform. You’ll work with these merchants to ensure that they have a solid plan and timeline for their site launch. Once a shop is comfortably launched, you'll transition them to working directly with their Merchant Success Manager who will help continue to nurture their business from a business growth and strategy perspective. As a subject matter expert on the Shopify Plus platform, you’ll also help to educate and share ecommerce best practices with our merchants. You’ll also be working closely with our Merchant Success team to consult and provide solutioning support to our Shopify Plus merchants on an ongoing basis.
This is a remote position and you must currently reside in British Columbia, Canada. This posting will close on December 8, 2017 at 12 pm PST and all candidates will hear back shortly thereafter.
You'll need to have:
- Experience with Liquid. You won't need to make a theme but you should know how to make small changes and what's possible with our themes.
- Strong API knowledge. You won’t need to write code or build an app, but you must be able understand API documentation, use a REST client and know how to conceptualize an API solution.
- An understanding of commerce best practices, including how to migrate data from other platforms into Shopify.
- Experience working in an application ecosystem and integrating 3rd party technologies into the Shopify platform.
- A good project management mindset. This is not a true project management role, but does share some skills with it, especially managing expectations and creating agreement.
- A deep understanding of technical strategy as it relates to operating and growing a commerce business.
- A curious mind for how things work and what makes them tick, an affinity for helping and teaching merchants, and a constant thirst to learn about the next best thing.
It'd be great if you also have experience with:
- Project management - in some cases you'll be reviewing formal project outlines from merchants to confirm requirements for a successful site launch.
- Data systems and best practices with interfacing with them.
- Running your own business. You know what it means to be an entrepreneur and can share your learnings with our merchants.
- Building Shopify stores, either for yourself or clients
You'll get to do things like:
- Educate merchants on proper store setup (domains, redirects, product taxonomy, building collections, etc).
- Work with merchants' internal and 3rd party design and development teams.
- Consult with merchants on interesting and complex business system integrations.
- Help our merchants to convert their store ideas into real and actionable plans.
- Provide documentation & support during the store development phase.
- Liaise with internal Shopify teams, such as the Shopify Plus sales team, the Merchant Success team, Solutions Engineering, and our internal support team.
- Progress the site status so stores launch as efficiently as possible.
- Provide technical support for our Merchant Success team, and in some cases join the call between the MSM and their merchant.
If you’re interested in helping us shape the future of commerce, click the “Apply now” button to submit your application. Show us why you are ready to join our mission to make commerce better for everyone. Please address your cover letter to Major Tom.
Schooling and 100 years of experience is not a requirement here at Shopify Plus. We feel that the best way to get experience and knowledge is not always in the typical classroom, but through practical experience, toil, and passion. We pride ourselves in hiring motivated and creative individuals that truly love what they do.
Experience comes in many forms, many skills are transferable, and passion goes a long way. If your experience is this close to what we’re looking for, consider applying. We know that diversity of thought makes for the best problem-solving and creative thinking, which is why we're dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage everyone to apply.
Not what you’re looking for?
Don’t worry, we’re growing and exciting jobs come up often. Sign up to receive email updates when other Plus Merchant Success jobs are posted.