About the role
At Shopify, we empower 600,000+ entrepreneurs all over the world. We're looking for hard-working, passionate people to help us make commerce better. For over 10 years we have been super driven when it comes to using data insights to help drive our product direction and make things better for our merchants. One incredibly important area of focus is Shipping costs. Shipping is usually one of the top marginal costs of running an online store. Combine that with impact on purchase conversion rates and the potential to make commerce WAY better through optimization becomes apparent.
We are looking for a Lead Data Scientist to own the data strategy and integration around Shipping. Working closely with the product team, you and your team will help to drive optimization in this area through the development of machine learning models that are scaled across our 600,000+ merchants. Improving the shipping rate strategy for merchants and their customers will be one of many ways that your team makes an impact at Shopify.
You’ll Need To Have:
- Technical leadership and/or management experience
- Strong background in machine learning including experience implementing models at scale
- Extensive experience using Python (including scikit-learn) or similar languages
- Extensive experience analyzing data using SQL
It'd be great if you have:
- Previous experience using Spark
- Experience with statistical methods like regression, GLMs or experiment design and analysis
- Exposure to Tableau, QlikView, Mode, Matplotlib, or similar data visualization tools
If you’re interested in helping Shopify shape the future of commerce, click the “Apply now” button to submit your application. Please address your cover letter to Solmaz.
Experience comes in many forms, many skills are transferable, and passion goes a long way. If your experience is this close to what we’re looking for, consider applying. We know that diversity of thought makes for the best problem-solving and creative thinking, which is why we're dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage everyone to apply.
|Senior Data Scientist - Shipping & Risk Algorithms||Data Science and Engineering||Ottawa, Canada|
|Software Engineer - Data Infrastructure||Data Science and Engineering||Ottawa, Canada|
|Technical Product Manager - Data||Data Science and Engineering||Ottawa, Canada|