About the role
Lead iOS Developer
Contrary to popular belief, Retail’s not dead, it’s being reinvented and our retail team is at the forefront of this. We work with world-class (aka 🔥) research, UX and design teams to build the future of commerce. We would love for you to join us to push boundaries as we craft the best physical retail experience by building products like our very own Chip and Swipe Reader and Tap and Chip Reader that process payments worth billions of dollars every year.
As an iOS Lead at Shopify you will own technical projects and be responsible for helping to grow other developers - a mix of people leadership, and technical leadership. You’ll be responsible for working as part of a cross-functional team to make innovative, reliable and secure hardware products work with Shopify POS.
If you care about the best user experience, stability and responsive applications, you’re set. We would love for you to join us to push boundaries as we craft the best physical retail experience for merchants and their customers, the best SDKs for developers, and the best overall mobile experience for our merchants.
The 🛠 ‘s you will use include:
- Swift (Objective-C a plus)
- Cocoa design patterns
- Debugging iOS apps with instruments
- Core Bluetooth
- Unit and automated testing
- REST and GraphQL knowledge is a plus
Relevant experience for the role:
- Experience developing in iOS (Objective-C or Swift)
- Evidence of being self starting, and passionate about your craft
- Experience of working with Bluetooth peripherals
- Experience leading and managing engineers
It would be great if you have:
- Experience developing in Android (Java/Kotlin) or Rails
- Experience with implementing EMV payments
- Electrical/computer engineering, computer science or other training
You will be working on things like:
- Evaluating new hardware peripherals
- Integrating hardware peripherals with Shopify POS
- Working with third party OEMs to integrate and improve software libraries, optimizing for things like reduced transaction times, increasing battery life, etc.
Here’s how to apply:
If you’re interested in helping us shape the future of mobile development at Shopify, click the “Apply now” button to submit your application.