About the role
At Shopify, we build products that help entrepreneurs around the world to start and grow their businesses. We’re the world’s fastest growing commerce platform and we have no plans of slowing down. To accelerate our mission to help make commerce better for everyone, we need a strong product manager to take Start’s products to the next level.
We believe that commerce is one of the most defining avenues for entrepreneurs to reach independence, but almost everything about online commerce favours already-large existing companies. This directly impacts the thousands of new hopeful entrepreneurs sign up for Shopify without much or any business experience. The Start product line exists to supercharge aspiring entrepreneurs' abilities to become successful with the best guidance, network, and motivation possible. We'll help our 1 million global merchants and also support new ones as we rapidly grow. Entrepreneurship is a hard but rewarding experience. We want to create more entrepreneurs and make it easier than ever to start a business.
We care about growing creative, collaborative people, and strong, capable teams. Your peers in Shopify's Product Management team have diverse backgrounds, skill sets, and stories but share an established track record of delivering impactful products that merchants love. Come join us to do your life's best work!
As a Lead Product Manager on the Start product line, you have a special role in building the best product & pricing plan experiences for all entrepreneurs starting on Shopify. You are responsible for the overall product quality and are the owner of the product roadmap. You will lead, coach and growing other product managers on the team. You work together with UX, Data Science, Research, Marketing, Pricing & Engineering to deliver the best products to help aspiring entrepreneurs to succeed in the world.
You'll be doing things like:
- Understanding, defining, guiding and executing a pricing & product strategy for how Shopify best supports, engages, and retains new merchants
- Working with Marketing & Finance to define and establish product capabilities and offerings
- Collaborating with UX, research and engineering teams on a day-to-day basis to build iterative, high quality products
- Defining clear success metrics, and supporting your team to achieve them
- Communicating and collaborating with leaders & teams from multiple disciplines and across multiple product lines
- Ownership of product(s) from problem space to launch, and continuous maintenance with continuous iterations
- Leading and mentoring your product team to successfully grow as professionals
You'll need to have:
- Relevant product experience in owning and building customer facing web and mobile product experiences, at scale
- Experience successfully driving user growth and engagement of new products and finding product/market fit
- Success leading high performing product teams
- Experience working & collaborating with a diverse set of peers and disciplines
- Experience using both qualitative and quantitative data to inform your roadmaps, decision making, and measuring the outcomes
- Ability to make decisions quickly and enable the teams to make decisions, to enable faster learning and iteration
- Relevant product experiences in platforms that power online commerce such as Wix, Square, Squarespace, GoDaddy, Format, Webflow etc preferred
Please note this posting will close on Friday, January 31st at 5pm ET.
At Shopify, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.
|Senior Product Manager - Data - Shopify Fulfillment Network||Product Management||Ottawa, Toronto|
|Product Manager - Data Science & Engineering||Product Management||Toronto, Canada|