Lead Software Engineer - Internal Tools
As Shopify grows, we help the company scale with automation and creative products that connect people, increase productivity, and make information accessible to all. We combine smart technology decisions with feedback from Shopifiers to build solutions that make a big impact on how people work at Shopify.
We’re looking for an experienced development lead. Someone who is passionate about performance, accessibility, and building for the long-term. As a member of the team, you’ll not only write code, but find ways to improve important aspects of daily life at Shopify such as transparency, community, and the ability to get shit done.
Things the team is looking for:
- Technical leadership and/or management experience
- The ability to grow the team from a hiring perspective, know the gaps and help fill them
- Ownership of the technology direction for the team, ensuring we are optimizing our products for the needs of our customers (Shopifolks!)
- Experience building and scaling user-focused web applications
- Experience with Ruby on Rails, SQL databases, GraphQL, React
- A strong commitment to user experience and quality
If you’re interested in helping us shape the future of commerce at Shopify, click the “Apply Now” button to submit your application. Please address your application to Alexa Ironside. Tell us why you’d make an awesome lead!
Please note that all applications will be reviewed mid to late January. At that time, we will be contacting candidates with next steps.
Experience comes in many forms, many skills are transferable, and passion goes a long way. If your experience is *this* close to what we’re looking for, please consider applying. We know that diversity of thought makes for the best problem-solving and creative thinking, which is why we're dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage everyone to apply.
Not what you’re looking for?
Don’t worry, we’re growing and exciting jobs come up often. Sign up to receive email updates when other Engineering jobs are posted.