About the role
As a Learning Specialist for SFN you will be responsible for designing, building, curating and delivering learning solutions and knowledge resources for different audiences in SFN. This content might include team specific onboarding, sales enablement, ongoing learning opportunities or skill development. Working in partnership with teams such as Operations, Support, Revenue, RnD you will deliver training and enablement programming to internal audiences to ensure the right people, have the right knowledge and skills, at the right time to be successful in their roles and support achievement of our collective goals.
Working in a variety of tools you’ll craft new content, help other teams contribute their own knowledge and curate our body of information to ensure the content is discoverable by each of our different learner audiences. You’ll also build training materials, including self-guided e-learning courses, facilitation slide decks, infographics, and instructional videos. You’ll find creative ways to develop concise and engaging content, and to revise and update existing content quickly and often. You’ll also be responsible for championing the importance of good knowledge management across all of SFN.
- Own the end-to-end design and delivery of role specific learning experiences and enablement programs to internal teams.
- Partner with leaders to ensure the people on their teams’ have the right knowledge and skills, at the right time to be successful in their roles and to support achievement of our collective goals
- Partner with Support, Revenue, Product Marketing, Operations and Support teams and work with vendors, partners and agencies to execute on our team OKRs
- Support a culture of creativity, bias for action and passion for providing exceptional customer experience
- Work with stakeholders to develop written and video content that will be delivered in a digital by design way across various mediums and platforms
- Deliver high-quality learning experiences with content and programs that are scalable, and measurable.
- Work with leaders and learners to continuously improve learning content/programs
- Work closely with internal teams to align on priorities, collaborate on training and enablement initiatives, and communicate the long-term plan and ongoing progress
- Demonstrated track record of building and delivering training or enablement content, strategy, and being able to influence buy-in in a fast paced environment
- A knack for creative problem solving and working independently and collaboratively while managing multiple projects concurrently
- Experience using e-learning authoring tools, Learning Management Systems and creating online instructional content
- Exceptional communication skills (written, oral, and presentation). We are looking for someone who can champion the team to write and produce engaging learning experiences that are scalable and measurable
- Creative leader who has worked to develop written and video content for education purposes
It would be a bonus if you have:
- Managed the end-to-end design and delivery of internal learning experiences for a SaaS company
- Experience and understanding of ecommerce and business, including logistics, marketing, or technology
- An aptitude for research and/or data analysis
- Superpower technical skills that result creating content that results in amazing learning experiences
!! Don't stop there. KEEP READING. Important information is below!!
OK, are you excited to apply? Awesome. We know that applying to a new role takes a lot of work and we truly value your time. If you'd like to include a message to the recruiting team, please address it to Paul. We would also like to learn the following about you:
Tell us where you've built and delivered training or enablement content, strategy, in a fast paced environment.
Finally, at Shopify, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We strongly encourage applications from racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.
Not what you’re looking for? Check out these similar roles.
|Continuous Improvement Specialist||Business Operations||Canada|
|Program Quality Analyst||Business Operations||Canada|
|Materials Planning Analyst||Business Operations||Canada|
|Senior Product Operations Manager||Business Operations||Americas|
|Knowledge Management Lead, Shopify Fulfillment Network||Business Operations||Americas|