Legal Operations Coordinator
We’re looking for a Legal Operations Coordinator to join our kickass legal team in Ottawa. Reporting to the Senior Manager of Legal Operations, you will play a key role in supporting our growing legal team, which consists of both lawyers and non-lawyers.
What your day-to-day will look like:
- Arrange and organize meetings including document preparation, note taking and other logistics
- Draft and edit correspondence
- Review and format legal documents
- Manage internal communications and legal team inboxes
- Manage onboarding logistics for all new hires
- Order supplies, organize mail and couriers
- Schedule and manage travel arrangements
- Prepare team expense entries
- Provide creative content for presentations
- Send documents out for signature and track responses
You’ll love this role if:
- You’re great at handling multiple issues at once. For example, you can deal with three different people on three different topics without getting mixed up.
- You’re super organized, detail-oriented and can keep track of the status of projects as they progress.
- You’re a great communicator. This means you can explain extremely complex situations using plain language in a succinct way.
- You have a hunger to learn, are genuinely curious about the way things work, and have made "drawing the owl" your personal mantra. If you don’t know something, you do your best to figure it out on your own.
- You’re a heavy lifter and a great team player. If you notice some of your teammates are overloaded, you jump in to help ease their workload.
- You’re a self-starter and a creative thinker.
- You’re a problem solver. You love to fix things, make things better and help people out.
Here's how to apply
If you feel excited after reading this, then address your cover letter to Monica, and click "Apply Now". We're looking forward to hearing from you!
Experience comes in many forms, many skills are transferable, and passion goes a long way. If your experience is thisclose to what we’re looking for, consider applying. We know that diversity of thought makes for the best problem-solving and creative thinking, which is why we're dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage everyone to apply.
Not what you’re looking for?
Don’t worry, we’re growing and exciting jobs come up often. Sign up to receive email updates when other Legal jobs are posted.
Your application has been submitted. We will be in touch. Also, we encourage all applicants to experiment with the product and start a store.